• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you watch every episode of anime?

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I'm talking about those really LONG anime series. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, Dragonball Z. When I watch anime like this I have to start from episode 1 and watch every single episode until the end. I've been told this is strange as heaps of people skip filler episodes etc and boring flashback episodes.

I think I have slight completist OCD when it comes to TV shows, including anime. I can't just watch an episode every now and then, I need to start at episode 1 and watch all the way through, each and every episode. This means I sometimes have to suffer through heaps of episodes of filler but it's a small price to pay when in the end I know I watched every single entry in the show.

Is anyone else like this? Or do other anime fans here have a habit of skipping filler as well.

viLky

ykLiv
Nope, the only real anime I ever watched was the Dragonball series, and I had to stop. I just couldn't take it any longer... The what seemed to be one frame of animation per minute was just torture. I couldn't do it. Luckily for me, I ended up YouTubing the battles to see what it was all about.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's the way heaps of people seem to do it. And some anime is so slow that it drives me insane!
I'm currently up to episode 117 of Naruto, and I still have over 100 to go. Oh well, I started the series so now I have to finish it.

Shwa

V.I.P.
When Dragon Ball Z came out, you pretty much HAD to watch every episode just so you wouldn't miss anything. When I was growing up, my brothers and I would sit in front of the television waiting for something to happen (especially those drawn out fight scenes where they just stare each other down, pissed us off to no end because the episode would end there). If they caught my attention enough, then they were worth it. I've watched the following from beginning to end:

• DragonBall Z
  • Sailor Moon
  • Cowboy Bebop
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Outlaw Star
  • Gundam Wing
  • Mushi-shi
  • .Hack//Sign
  • Full Metal Alchemist
  • Detective Conan
  • Big-O
I wanted to get into Bleach and Naruto, but they continued to play re-runs of the first season too often before they moved onto the next.

~Shwa

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
That's a nice list Shwa. I'm currently watching through FMA and Cowboy Bebop myself. I'm about halfway through both series. They are fairly short series though, FMA is the longest with 51 eps. It's the long ones like Naruto of 220 eps that do my head in. Those drawn out battle scenes like what you were talking about drive me crazy. No one needs 30 episodes of ONE fight scene.

EDIT: Woo 1,000th post!

BigBob

Registered Member
I've recently gone back and started watching Animes from beginning to end. I've currently gone from the first episode of Dragonball Z (the Saiyan Saga) and am up to when Trunks first shows up to let Goku know what's going to happen in the future.

I'm also starting Trigun from the beginning, up to episode 20 right now and then I'm going to go and start Cowboy Bebop from the beginning.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Awesome Bob! I didn't know you liked anime too. I didn't think anime was too popular here as the anime boards always seem a bit slow.
Cowboy Bebop is one of my favourite anime. I have the box-set DVD of it. Cost me about $60 but is so worth it in the long run.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
The longest I've watched is FMA and I did from start to end. In some short series though when I meet a filler episode which is just a summary of old episodes, I fastforward.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
I hate those episodes the most! The ones with all the flashbacks and information we have already seen. It gets so frustrating. Some shows are really bad, they will flashback to something that happened in the episode beforehand, or even in the beginning of the episode. I just feel like shouting out "I haven't forgotten it yet, I only watched it 20 minutes ago!"

Metoria

Registered Member
If its a long series It usually depends if it is actually gripping. Bleach, Naruto and what ever bore the crud outta me. But Dragon Ball Z, I watch EVERYTHING! XD I have all the episodes LOL

Sailor moon i grew out of. but other wise I try to watch every episode. Maybe skip some if the summary sounds boring. So It depends on the show.