• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you watch ALL of your teams games

BJBirdy

Registered Member
Crypticshock said:
I'm trying to take the regular season with a grain of salt. I only have the focus of playoffs in mind in the regular season... How they get there, I don't care. If they lose a game 8-1 on the way to the playoffs, I don't give a shit. The expectation I have each year is for them to make the playoffs... I don't set it any higher. If they win a cup... they win a cup. If they do not win the cup, it just was not meant to be. My job and life will still carry-on in the morning.

It's just a sports team that I love and them winning or losing does nothing for me in my life in regards to living it. Now, if I got a raise each time they won the cup I would take it more seriously.

...as for shedding tears thing. I am dreading the day the greatest #4 passes on. I went to Hockey Life on Saturday. Checking out "OTH" shirts... Seen one my size. Picked it up. Fuck yeah! Logo on the front with the "C" and #4 on the back! (Also got a P. Stastny Nordiques shirt)
That's the way I look at it too. I'm happier when my favorite teams win, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day I watch sports for enjoyment and entertainment.

TORHABSFAN

Dickey's Flow said:
My wife hates sports, luckily her dad is a Habs fan and she grew up watching them..so she tolerates missing her "shows" so I can tune in. I'll hardly miss a game but from time to time something comes up which means I miss one. My major problem is I take it too seriously. I get really pissed off when they lose, and sometimes I'm unbearable to be with. I also shed tears during important games.
I'm the same way. when they lose I am a grumpy prick. I throw things, punch the sofa, swear like a sailor and am gennerally miserable until the next game. if they lose to the Bruins or Leafs Its like the end of the world. But when they win Nothing can get me down.

Rehmo

TORHABSFAN said:
Rehmo said:
I physically CANT watch all my team's games (LA & DET) without playing $500 for that center ice crap. I do watch them on play-by-play nhl app but thats not the same. I also get on twitter alot during the games and on CBS sports for multiple games at a time.
I hear ya.. just so you know...Im not sure where you live or what cable/satalitte provide you are with but I think Centre Ice is much less then $500. I have scene it for $150. also I think you can get it over the net for something like $29 per month. Not sure if that helps you or not just thought Id let you know.
Ya the $500 was a joke but ya its still kinda expensive, espeically for the most part I'd have to stay up till 1am to watch the end of a LA game. I think both the NFL and NHL should take a page out of the MLB's book and sell a season pack on the ipad/iphone for $100 that way i can just use an HDMI cable and hook it up to my tv haha

TORHABSFAN

Rehmo said:
TORHABSFAN said:
Rehmo said:
I physically CANT watch all my team's games (LA & DET) without playing $500 for that center ice crap. I do watch them on play-by-play nhl app but thats not the same. I also get on twitter alot during the games and on CBS sports for multiple games at a time.
I hear ya.. just so you know...Im not sure where you live or what cable/satalitte provide you are with but I think Centre Ice is much less then $500. I have scene it for $150. also I think you can get it over the net for something like $29 per month. Not sure if that helps you or not just thought Id let you know.
Ya the $500 was a joke but ya its still kinda expensive, espeically for the most part I'd have to stay up till 1am to watch the end of a LA game. I think both the NFL and NHL should take a page out of the MLB's book and sell a season pack on the ipad/iphone for $100 that way i can just use an HDMI cable and hook it up to my tv haha
well its not $100 but NHL Game Centre lets you watch from your laptop, ipad, play station whatever for $150 or 8 payments of $18.99. It's not as good of a price as MLB and you get less games but when you consider that Hockey is awesome an exciting and baseball is slow and boaring and there is frankly way too many games that nobody could possibly watch them all... Its a better deal in my books.

Rehmo

I'm just a cheap guy haha, I can split the MLB package with the gf (whoes a Tigers fan) but when all the Leafs games are televised theres not splitting haha

BJBirdy

Registered Member
TORHABSFAN said:
well its not $100 but NHL Game Centre lets you watch from your laptop, ipad, play station whatever for $150 or 8 payments of $18.99. It's not as good of a price as MLB and you get less games but when you consider that Hockey is awesome an exciting and baseball is slow and boaring and there is frankly way too many games that nobody could possibly watch them all... Its a better deal in my books.
I splurged and paid $150 for NHL GameCenter online. I usually get Center Ice, but this was a better idea since I travel around a lot between school and going home. My only complaint with GameCenter and MLB.TV is how far behind live action they actually are. I've timed it, and GameCenter is about 45 seconds behind live action while MLB.TV is about 35 seconds behind live action.

Strangely, however, with GameCenter they're letting me watch the Rangers and Bruins games on there right now even though I live in the Rangers and Bruins tv area and can get those games on tv :? . I'm not complaining, but I thought it was weird since I was under the impression those games would be blacked out for me.