• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you watch ALL of your teams games

TORHABSFAN

I am a massive Habs fan. Die Hard would be down playing my Habsession. As Such I flat out refuse to miss any games. The last time I missed a game was on my honeymoon in 2010. And even then It was not my choice. I tried everything I could to get the game streamed to my laptop. Sadly the resorts Wifi was down and I wasn't going to go searching through the Dominician republic looking for a bar with the game on alone. Thankfuly the wifi was back up for the next game and I was able to watch again. My wife Is awesome for putting up with me.

This past Saturday I was at a wedding for my cousin. You would think that a wedding for a close family memember would stop even the most devoted fan right? Nope Thanks to Bell's mobile TV app I watched the entire game from my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone while sitting at the dinner table.

My poor wife has to consult the Habs schedule before commiting with friends and family to attend events.

Am I a hroible Person or just an awesome fan?

How many games do you watch and If you are like me and watch everyone....what would it take to make you miss a game?

Rehmo

I physically CANT watch all my team's games (LA & DET) without playing $500 for that center ice crap. I do watch them on play-by-play nhl app but thats not the same. I also get on twitter alot during the games and on CBS sports for multiple games at a time.

TORHABSFAN

Rehmo said:
I physically CANT watch all my team's games (LA & DET) without playing $500 for that center ice crap. I do watch them on play-by-play nhl app but thats not the same. I also get on twitter alot during the games and on CBS sports for multiple games at a time.
I hear ya.. just so you know...Im not sure where you live or what cable/satalitte provide you are with but I think Centre Ice is much less then $500. I have scene it for $150. also I think you can get it over the net for something like $29 per month. Not sure if that helps you or not just thought Id let you know.

BJBirdy

Registered Member
I watch nearly every game. I'd estimate that of the 82 Leafs games during the season, I watch at least 65-70 of them. The only reason why I'd miss that many are due to the fact that I used to have Rochester Americans season tickets, and some nights there would be conflicts (and since I paid far more for Amerks tickets than I did for Center Ice, guess which one got priority). With my grad school class schedule, I won't be able to watch every game in it's entirety but I'll probably see at least 75 of the games this season.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I watch 95% of them, I am a die hard fan and I hate missing a game. That said, sometimes I can't get out of things so I have to miss the game. If I do end up missing it then I do follow it on Twitter. It's obviously not the same, but it's better than not watching it.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
If I am not watching the Habs... I am listening to the Habs. Even if the game is on poker night... I have the headphones in, listening ;)

StroShow

The return shall be legenday!
V.I.P.
My wife hates sports, luckily her dad is a Habs fan and she grew up watching them..so she tolerates missing her "shows" so I can tune in. I'll hardly miss a game but from time to time something comes up which means I miss one. My major problem is I take it too seriously. I get really pissed off when they lose, and sometimes I'm unbearable to be with. I also shed tears during important games.

Crypticshock

Registered Member
I'm trying to take the regular season with a grain of salt. I only have the focus of playoffs in mind in the regular season... How they get there, I don't care. If they lose a game 8-1 on the way to the playoffs, I don't give a shit. The expectation I have each year is for them to make the playoffs... I don't set it any higher. If they win a cup... they win a cup. If they do not win the cup, it just was not meant to be. My job and life will still carry-on in the morning.

It's just a sports team that I love and them winning or losing does nothing for me in my life in regards to living it. Now, if I got a raise each time they won the cup I would take it more seriously.

...as for shedding tears thing. I am dreading the day the greatest #4 passes on. I went to Hockey Life on Saturday. Checking out "OTH" shirts... Seen one my size. Picked it up. Fuck yeah! Logo on the front with the "C" and #4 on the back! (Also got a P. Stastny Nordiques shirt)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Crypticshock said:
...as for shedding tears thing. I am dreading the day the greatest #4 passes on. I went to Hockey Life on Saturday. Checking out "OTH" shirts... Seen one my size. Picked it up. Fuck yeah! Logo on the front with the "C" and #4 on the back! (Also got a P. Stastny Nordiques shirt)
Same here man. I remember the day Rocket Richard passed away. Very sad. It's going to be a very sad day when Le Gros Bill passes on. Habs fans are used to seeing him at the Bell Center during games.

Also, I have the same Beliveau shirt. I love it.