Do You Use Anti-Virus Programs?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Mirage, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you use anti-virus/spyware programs?

I use a few, mainly Norton at the moment. It's a recurring fee each year but I've also not had any problems so far either. I've never used McAfee so I can't comment on that.

What do you use and are you happy with it?

2. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

I use Norton Corp, requires no serial. I despise McAfee which we use at work. I also use Malwarebytes for any trojans/viruses, etc.

R1pperZ likes this.
  3. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

McAfee blows dick, stay away from it.

I use Webroot but all the guys at Geek Squad recommended Kaperskey. Another free favorite of mine is Avast! Antivirus.

4. Unity

Unity Dragon Clan Staff Member

I use Trend Micro and am extremely happy with it; good product.

Actually, brix, you reminded me to make sure I have it on, lol. Thanks, man! I have to turn it off for my webcam to work in chat.

AnitaKnapp likes this.
  5. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

You know you can probably go in there and enable the webcam port or whatnot as an exception or something. Most have something like that built in so people don't have to just turn it completely off when using webcams, mics, or whatever.

6. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

On my desktop computer, I had windows defender and well, it didn't defend very well because it got a virus so now I have to system restore it. On my laptop, I have Mcafee.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I use Norton and Windows Defender because that's what my laptop came with.. and I had to do a system restore thingy (or whatever you call it) recently, so everything on the laptop went back to how it was when I bought it.

Before I did that, I used eset nod32. Think I'll stick with Norton this time around though.

8. sully09

sully09 New Member

McAfee and Norton suck, they are installed on my school laptop and slow down the already terrible computer -_- . May I suggest avast! ? It is what I use for my personal laptop and I have never had a problem. Also if you ever do get a virus, I suggest malwarebytes, its free, simple and I have not encountered a virus that can survive it :D

9. tasha1133

tasha1133 New Member

I use AVG, it does its job very well so far..

10. Nibbles

Nibbles meep

Avast does a good job of rooting out the nasty beasties on my pc.