• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games Do you use a gaming mouse?

Bananas

Endangered Species
I have a Razor DeathAdder. It was probably the best peripheral purchase I have ever made.

It has 1800dpi and uses infrared.

I spend excessive amounts of time behind a screen mainly doing graphics, I rarely use the PC for gaming(except TotalWar). I bought the mouse as I was starting to get repetitive strain in my wrist, where with 1800dpi I dont even have to move my wrist, it is merely finger twitching now yet I still retain complete control. The ultra sensitivity is also great for fine detailing or complex tasks in software packs.

The infared is another hidden gem, I use the deathadder on my laptop as well, and infared really does work on any surface I dont need a mat or even a flat surface, I often just rest the mouse on my leg or my seat and it works great.

I dont mind the cable, I hate the weight of wireless mice and they would always go flat just as I needed it most. Even though I rarely game, some hardcore gamers swear by cable as even though the performance between cable and wireless may only be a milli-second when it comes to things like reflex hand eye coordination a milisecond is a long time.

My only problem with e DeathAdder is that it has a blue glowing light in it, if using the mouse for log periods it starts to get really hot under your palm. You can switch it off but you need the deathadder software running would require more RAM and I dont care how much I got...RAM is precious.

Hi_Im_Tim

I am Heavy Weapons Guy
I have a gaming mouse, but I don't like the buttons on the side, I only use those for going back and forward on the Internet.

WiigamerCRO

Registered Member
I use a wireless gaming mouse with three buttons and those two on side.I use those buttons for the internet and skiping pictures.

booku

Registered Member
I use a Logitech Mx518.

I rarely use the PC for gaming(except TotalWar)..
Would that be Rome Total War or Medieval II? I love RTS games and especially liked RTW, haven't tried M2 but hoping to some time in the future.

Last edited:

edbury

Registered Member
I have a Razor DeathAdder. It was probably the best peripheral purchase I have ever made.

It has 1800dpi and uses infrared.

I spend excessive amounts of time behind a screen mainly doing graphics, I rarely use the PC for gaming(except TotalWar). I bought the mouse as I was starting to get repetitive strain in my wrist, where with 1800dpi I dont even have to move my wrist, it is merely finger twitching now yet I still retain complete control. The ultra sensitivity is also great for fine detailing or complex tasks in software packs.

The infared is another hidden gem, I use the deathadder on my laptop as well, and infared really does work on any surface I dont need a mat or even a flat surface, I often just rest the mouse on my leg or my seat and it works great.

I dont mind the cable, I hate the weight of wireless mice and they would always go flat just as I needed it most. Even though I rarely game, some hardcore gamers swear by cable as even though the performance between cable and wireless may only be a milli-second when it comes to things like reflex hand eye coordination a milisecond is a long time.

My only problem with e DeathAdder is that it has a blue glowing light in it, if using the mouse for log periods it starts to get really hot under your palm. You can switch it off but you need the deathadder software running would require more RAM and I dont care how much I got...RAM is precious.
I got a DeathAdder for Christmas. I had been using an old Logitech for the past few years - even after a few computer upgrades - and this thing blew me away. It's the most comfortable mouse I've ever laid a hand on, the response time is incredible, and... I don't care if it gets hot. I love that blue rhythmic glow.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I use a gaming mouse, I use a saitek, but I don't know the model off the top of my head.. It has a button on the side so you can change the DPI, and it goes to a rediculously high DPI.. If I can be honest a high DPI sounds cool... but for most people it is so sensitive and hard to control that it is almost not worth it. I keep my setting between 400 and 800 and I have no problems, but if I turn it up to 3200 when I am playing a game.. I can get used to it and do just fine, but it is easy to move too far and be looking at the sky or ceiling instead of shooting at your target lol. But I guess you can get used to anything.

A laser mouse is always good for gaming as it has the quickest feed back.
But don't use a wireless mouse... The lag is just a pain.

As far as graphic design, that is over my head, so I can't help there.

Last edited:

Malificus

Likes snow
I'm about as far from gaming mouse as I can get. I use a tablet mouse.

R1pperZ

Registered Member
I have a 1000 dpi laser mouse on the main computer at home, I think it's a $40 mouse so it's good enough for gaming. What really boosts the registration is the precision surface micro grid Counter Strike mouse pad I bought last Christmas.
Welcome to Steam
Check it out...

Vincent_Valentine

Studley-Do-Right
When I used to play Counter Strike and Day of Defeat alot, I didn't use a gaming mouse. I did use a mouse that had the two extra buttons on the side that helped me a bit, but I didn't care enough to drop the extra cash on a "specialty" mouse.