Do you turn your computer off?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by pro2A, Oct 13, 2008.

?

What do you do with your computer when you are done with it?

1. Leave it on, monitor and all.

7.1%
  2. Turn the monitor off, but leave it running.

32.1%
  3. Put it on standby.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Put it on hibernate.

3.6%
  5. Turn it off.

57.1%
  1. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Do you turn your computer off? Is your computer always on? I leave mine all all the time. What I generally do is turn my speakers and monitor off before bed or when ever I leave for the day. The only time I actually turn it off is when I'm gone for a few days. How about you guys?

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

When I am not using my computer I turn it off. I see no need to waste power or leave it on.

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I turn it off when I'm not using it. I only leave it on when I'll be coming back in an hour or so.

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I turn it off completely when I've finished using it. I'm not going to waste my electricity just to save myself some time.

5. sherwood

sherwood Registered Member

I try not to as I normally have something running for a reason so I try and leave it on most day's and night. Although sometimes I turn it off at night because of paranoia because I think I have left it on to long and it could set a light and burn the place :?

They are not very happy thoughts but hey..

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I used to leave it on all the time and will reboot only once a week or so. Lately I put it on standby, it's less noisy at night.

7. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Mine stays on 24/7 unless I lose power except I'll cut the monitor off. I even leave my computer at work on except for the monitor. Desktops weren't really meant to be cut on and off continuously. That's what tablets and laptops are for.

8. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a laptop and it's pretty much always turned off when I'm done.

I have occasionally left it on all night when I've slept but my Dad bollocked me one night so I haven't done it since. Apparently the electric bill was going through the roof!

9. GoEasy

GoEasy Registered Member

At school I just leave it on all the time. We have to connect through their stupid server here so it's easier just to stay logged in, instead of shutting it off and going through that crap time after time.

10. wolfheart

wolfheart Registered Member

I turn mine off at night,if im not on it there is no point it being on.