• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Attention Do you trust hotel housekeeping?

dDave

V.I.P.
I've always had this habit of not trusting the housekeeping services at a hotel. It just really bothers me leaving valuable things for someone to steal, those jobs don't exactly pay awesome wages or anything.

I find myself more often than not putting up the Do Not Disturb sign.

Check this out. A Hotel Guest Left His Laptop Open and What Its Camera Caught Housekeeping Doing While Has Him Vowing Never to Leave Valuables in the Open Again | Video | TheBlaze.com

Do you trust housekeeping at hotels?

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Absolutely not, you never leave anything of value in a hotel room or you run the risk of it being stolen. Then try to get the hotel to do something about it. Better off leaving it in the trunk of your car. Not all housekeeping employees would do something like this woman did but enough will that you have to beware.

I cleaned motel rooms for a while and I never rummaged through peoples stuff or stole anything. I don't see how this woman found the time they normally only give you so much time to clean the room. Which is why they often aren't that clean.

The_Chameleon

Grandmaster
Semen stained bedding, bedbugs in the bed
spy cameras in the bathroom, pipes made of lead.
Roaches behind the walls keeping company with the mice
and a pillowcase filled with the last tenants head lice.

Sorry... Still in rhyming mode. :D

... Sweet dreams. :p

- Cham

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree hotel rooms are nasty if you inspect close enough to notice. We stayed in a chain motel one time and the carpet was so dirty you have better not walk around in your sock feet.

Camping is a cleaner option if you can.

Xaos

V.I.P.
I've always had this habit of not trusting the housekeeping services at a hotel. It just really bothers me leaving valuable things for someone to steal, those jobs don't exactly pay awesome wages or anything.

I find myself more often than not putting up the Do Not Disturb sign.

Check this out. A Hotel Guest Left His Laptop Open and What Its Camera Caught Housekeeping Doing While Has Him Vowing Never to Leave Valuables in the Open Again | Video | TheBlaze.com

Do you trust housekeeping at hotels?
No, I came in from a party and the hotel housekeeper was just there, in my bedroom.. eww. xD

techgirlable

I usually just leave the DND sign on the door. Not because I have valuables, but because I want things left where I put them.