Do you treat yourself?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I was wondering if any of you treat yourself? For example, you had a long busy week at work and at home on the weekend you decide to treat yourself to a day at the spa.

That's just an example, it's choosing something that you don't get to do often and it makes you feel happy when you do.

If you do it, how often in a month?

Shwa

Gay As Fuck
V.I.P.
Well I treat myself to Capoeira twice a week, but I am paying for that and it does tire me out.

Usually for me, I like to save money for a friend gathering at my place, buy food and drinks (and make sure they contribute too), and just relax and catch up with friend that I don't talk to as much as I would. Plus on those days I'm usually off for 2-3 days so I can just relax and kick back with some good buds.

~Shwa

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I probably do it way too much. I was recently going to treat myself to a pedicure..but then I hurt my back and didn't think I would be able to sit in the chair for that long.

I would say that I treat myself probably once every other month, maybe. I think that after I move, I'm going to treat myself to a massage and pedicure.

*edit...my probably too much comment was aimed towards how I buy any electronic gadget or video game I want, when I want. lol

Last edited:

Easily-Amused

http://easily-amused.com/
When I've had a taxing day, or I've finished a long series of things to do, I treat myself to things like candy or a few hours relaxation with a movie or a TV show on my laptop. Small things like that :)

RJ-Cool

"Expect the unexpected"
I treat myself whenever I can afford to or in extreme cases where I feel there is a definite need to. How often monthly? It depends on the time, financial state, frame of mind and or circumstance(s).

Nope not really. I've never been to a spa or anything. I prefer to relax in other ways and I don't really feel like I deserve to treat myself in that sense because I'm pretty chilled out and stress-free throughout the week, depending on the time of year.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Never been to a spa. I'm not calm enough for that. I do need to find a therapeutic masseuse now though for my back now since I'm beginning to use the drugs more often than I'd like.

I'll go to Starbucks and read sometimes, that about covers it for me. Don't have a lot of money to spend on anything.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I try to cater to the needs/wants of my family before I take my "me" time. I kill two birds with one stone there by helping them asap and by having my down time happen all at once.

I only really treat myself when I know I have the extra time/money to do so.

jack3456

Registered Member
I treat myself as a reward for achieving a vital step towards a goal, or for achieving a goal, which of course is reward in itself. That way I can look forward to two things! The size of the reward is obviously related to the size of the goal and if it's big enough other people are involved in the reward. For example, I might need to do some pretty boring admin for my online business that could take 3-4 hours. As an incentive I'll say to myself, Do this in three hours and you can order a pizza and relax in front of a DVD with a few beers. At the other end of the scale, if I make a certain amount of money from the same business by the middle of November I'll take the family to Lappland over Christmas. A few years ago I took them on a Kenyan safari, after a similar goal was achieved. I haven't told them yet, I didn't last time, and I'm considering whether I should: if they knew, no doubt they'd be on my case 24/7 reminding me not to let my discipline slip, etc. Then again, this is about my goal and as such it's probably best that I reach it without any outside "help".