Do you think you are a good judge of character?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Mar 8, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

Pretty simple question here for everyone. Can you tell if someone is sketchy, liar, jerk or nice guy to name a few traits? Do you think you are a pretty good judge of character?

Discuss

2. Amber

Amber New Member

I do think I am usually. but I have had times when I was completely fooled by someone.

3. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think I am. I've seen a fair number of different "types"' of people. You have the big talkers, the people who love to show off/boast, innocent, manipulative, genuinely friendly, etc.

It's actually pretty interesting to be able to sort of place people in different categories. I've never actually done the same with myself. I figure it's hard for me to get a 3rd person perspective on myself.

4. SpicyMeatball

SpicyMeatball Registered Member

Interesting question!!!!
    Ive been told I am... "intuitive". Ive also been told I have "ESP". So according to other folks I suppose I am a good judge.

5. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

I am a very good judge of charachter, I have to be, it's part of my job! ;)

6. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

No, I suck. I usually end up not liking those that I once thought were really good people. It's kind of funny but also really really annoying :lol: You can't exactly tell someone that you don't like them any more. Well I can't, anyway. Obviously it doesn't happen with everyone, and if I can get past the 6 month mark and still like someone, then I pretty much know I can trust myself not to have made that mistake.

That applies when gradually getting to know new people. If it's someone that I spend a lot of time with straight off the bat then I know much sooner if I judged their character right/wrong.

7. jaxson007

jaxson007 New Member

yes, i have been told i am a personality reader by Sakdieve Lukaanie , a Buddhist in India

8. Kibi

Kibi Babeasaurus Sex

Yes I believe I am.

I'm good at psycho analysis and I can generally tell what people are about.

That doesn't mean I can't be fooled, or more accurately I allow myself to be fooled.

Sometimes I know someone isn't my sort of person but I'll befriend them anyway, I find it interesting to surround myself with as many different people as possible. Although my three best friends are all very similar.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

It's a yes and no for me, sometimes I'll be dead on with someone I just met and sometimes I'll be so wrong. But with that being said, I always told myself not to judge someone until you know him/her very well, since your thoughts on this person can be different then you expected.

10. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Not at all. I'm extremely gullable and tend to trust those who shouldn't be trusted.