• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you think there will be a military draft in the US?

Phoenix

Fee-nix
this is one of those things that worries me. if we go into iran, or continue to stay in iraq, it is very likely our government will have a need for more troops. i find this troubling because in all likelyness, i would be drafted among other people my age. any thoughts?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, it's one of those things that it really doesn't matter what anyone thinks.

The government has to decide if tens of thousands of American lives are worth the lives of the innocent civilians in these countries. That's most likely the biggest reason we haven't just bombed certain areas off of the face of the earth.

I am so sick of the terrorism in the middle east though. I know several people who are over there right now and even more who will be joining the Marines soon. I think getting rid of terrorism is a good cause but at what expense is it still worth it?

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
there already is a defacto draft. Folks who signed up for National Guard never thought they would be in Iraq over and over again. For now, recruitment is strong, so a draft is unlikey. The pentagon would much rather have people who want to be there. If we get someone in office who is considered anti-military, there could be real problems with recruitment and a draft may be needed. Hilliary Clinton comes to mind. Maybe that's not fair, but it is reality that the military is not too keen on the Clintons.

Great_Bain

this is one of those things that worries me. if we go into iran, or continue to stay in iraq, it is very likely our government will have a need for more troops. i find this troubling because in all likelyness, i would be drafted among other people my age. any thoughts?
Well Pheonix i have to sign up this year but i am not to worried a lot of people are freeley signing up so the way i see it there is like almost no chance therell be a draft and think about it theres still thousands of other soldiers that will be sent . so i wouldnt worry too much about it. my advice take a vacation to get it off your mind.:)