Do You Think The Raptors Are Cursed?

Discussion in 'NBA' started by IVANCHUK, Aug 3, 2010.

1. IVANCHUK

IVANCHUK Registered Member

I sure do.Everyone seems to leave that team first chance they get.

2. Bubbles

Bubbles I ♥ Haters

Well, with Chris Bosh outta the picture, yes you maybe right. In my opinion the only thing The Raptors have going for them is Ed Davis at the moment. I heard a rumor that The Raptors may be bought by another city. That is just a rumor, tho. I doubt that'll happen, but you never know. I hope Canada doesn't lose it's only freakin' basketball team, we already lost the Grizzlies to Memphis.

3. IVANCHUK

IVANCHUK Registered Member

Yeah,I'm with you on that one.Just when the Raps start to get a solid team relationship and start getting to know each others playing style and get comfortable playing together, bits of the team go away.It's frustrating.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I wouldn't say they're cursed. It's just that they cannot seem to put it all together, and when a star like Carter or Bosh play there for several years and don't want win a Championship they decide to leave since they don't have faith in management to put together a good enough team to win it all.

As well, I wouldn't say the only thing they have going right now is Ed Davis, he's a good young prospect, but so is DeRozan and Bargnani is a good solid player.

The Raptors will have an awful year this upcoming season, that's for sure.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

The Raptors weren't going anywhere even WITH Chris Bosh. They didn't even make the playoffs last year. That's just how the NBA works. Some teams are in perpetual rebuilding mode, at least until they can draft a player like LeBron James. But even then, you saw how that worked out for Cleveland.

6. Babe_Ruth

I totally agree with you Echoes, the Raptors were definitely not going anywhere with Chris Bosh. Bosh will be more suited in Miami then he was in Toronto. It was obvious that he couldn't carry his team anywhere. Bosh is a star in the NBA but he's no where close to being a superstar.

That's why I'm glad we didn't give him a max contract, a player that isn't able to lead his team to at least a birth in the playoffs, especially in the Eastern Conference doesn't deserve top dollars.

7. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

I think it's just a bad market. I think players have a sense of national pride and being on a team in Canada sort of hurts that. that may just be me

It shouldn't affect their play, but it might explain why people end up leaving.

8. Babe_Ruth

I wouldn't say it's a bad market, the Raptors have one of the biggest fan base in the NBA. I do agree with you though when you say that some players are hesitant to play in Canada, especially players that have kids. They don't really want them to go to a Canadian school.

Toronto is definitely better suited for European players than Americans.

9. Juan_Pablo

Juan_Pablo Registered Member

I noticed in recent years the Raptors have been getting Non-American players, their roster has a couple of noticeable European players I'm thinking about Barngani, Bellinelli, and Calderon off the to of my head. Apart from the other players who are from other countries. I heard that their latest rookie is an Nigerian who played in the American Colleges. I'd like to see the direction they go if they continue signing international based team as opposed to an almost all American team.

Granted last year they were not THAT bad, they only missed the post season by 1 game.

10. oxyMORON

oxyMORON A Darker Knight

Well...the latest projections by espn has the raptors replacing the nets as the worst team in the east.