• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you think that Donald Trump's tax cuts for the rich will ....

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
These controversial items tucked into the GOP tax bills have little to do with taxes

This is just perfect. So glad Trump is an outsider and the GOP is fiscally conservative.
wow - I didn't know about some of these. That's awesome.

Ending the individual mandate
Oil and gas drilling in Alaska
Protections for the unborn child
Opening the (church) door to political activism

Things Republicans have been promising forever.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
Just got a notice from the power company that rates are going down 5%. They specifically credited the tax reform bill for the rate reduction.
Dammit!! First I'm saving $3000 on taxes and now my power bill is going down $17/month. Will the insanity never end?

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Just got a notice from the power company that rates are going down 5%. They specifically credited the tax reform bill for the rate reduction.
Dammit!! First I'm saving $3000 on taxes and now my power bill is going down $17/month. Will the insanity never end?
That can't be true, and neither can all the bonuses corporations handed out over the last few weeks, because EVERYONE knows the tax bill will ONLY help the very rich. CNN and the New York Times said so.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I'm sure few around here have seen the bonuses because it's not going to be considered news worthy, but many companies have announced significant bonuses because of the tax cut.

So to answer the question from the beginning, "will the tax cuts for the rich benefit average Americans?" - YES. It's benefiting hundreds of thousands of Americans in many different ways.

IrishLass2247

Registered Member
That can't be true, and neither can all the bonuses corporations handed out over the last few weeks, because EVERYONE knows the tax bill will ONLY help the very rich. CNN and the New York Times said so.
Well if CNN and the New York Times said so, it is definitely true. Lock it in. ;) lol
This tax plan might not be perfect, but it is at least a start. The IRS is so complicated and holds so much power that it's just not right. You should not need a masters degree in accounting to do your taxes.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Well if CNN and the New York Times said so, it is definitely true. Lock it in. ;) lol
This tax plan might not be perfect, but it is at least a start. The IRS is so complicated and holds so much power that it's just not right. You should not need a masters degree in accounting to do your taxes.
That's not hyperbole. I was an accounting major before switching to economics. I did my own taxes for years. A few years ago I started using a CPA friend of mine to do them, because they have become so complicated, and I don't want to miss out on money due to me.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
Ah, yes the old "Anyone but x" argument.

How's that working out for you guys, so far? SO MUCH WINNING!!!! ARE YOU TIRED OF WINNING?

Impaired

Registered Member
You have to love pretend conservatives crowing over an unfunded tax bill that adds more than a trillion to the already staggering debt.

MenInTights

not a plastic bag
I would love to see the federal government run a balanced budget but I care more about my own budget. Plus it's too early to say the tax cuts aren't deficient neutral. The economy continues to expand at a rapid rate.