• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you think that Donald Trump's tax cuts for the rich will ....

Impaired

Registered Member
The only thing is in this global economy we can't be charging more in corporate taxes and expect to keep them here.
Yes, we can.

If you want this nation's protection, consumers and infrastructure, you have to pay for it.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I hate those people. Just do what you've been saying for 8 years that you were going to do if given the opportunity.
I'm starting to hate them all. Can't stand the dems because it seems like all they care about is open borders, bringing refugees here we can't vet and can't stand the repub's because they are afraid to act, not that I agree with everything they want to do. That doesn't leave me much to vote for.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Nothing Trump proposes will go through because the Dem's are still butt hurt about losing to an outsider. He could advocate free diapers for all babies born in America and the senate would find a problem with it.......because TRUMP proposed it.

I saw a meme not too long ago that was a face shot of Billary Clinton smiling and almost laughing. The caption simply read: "I lost an election I rigged".

That's how ineffective they are.
Some of the republicans are as anti Trump as the dems. I wonder if its because they are afraid he will expose them all for what they really are, sewer rats. I don't think we are dealing with a swamp but a sewer.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yes, we can.

If you want this nation's protection, consumers and infrastructure, you have to pay for it.
No we can't. Not when other countries that would be more than willing for them to move there only charge 15 to 20%.

Better paying jobs would generate more taxes. That is if we would stop handing out work visa's like candy so salaries would go up. There are other things we could cut out that would help like giving so many other countries money. Spend that money on us before we become a third world country. Then of course the stupid politicians will wonder what happened.

Impaired

Registered Member
There is no going back. Those jobs are not coming back to a land where labor is expensive. Cheap labor with no benefits = cheaper products and Americans have overwhelmingly voted with their wallets they prefer that to jobs here.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
There is no going back. Those jobs are not coming back to a land where labor is expensive. Cheap labor with no benefits = cheaper products and Americans have overwhelmingly voted with their wallets they prefer that to jobs here.
It's not that they prefer it, it just makes economic sense. Why would I pay $1000 for an American made TV when I can buy a Japanese TV for $200? We did this to ourselves, we did this by following Keynesian economics, we did this by inflating the value of our dollar, we did this by pricing ourselves out of the market.

By the way, while the labor may be cheap to us, it's still paid labor the them, and they live in a different economy than we do. And we can't provide benefits to people who don't live and work here.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Yes, we can.

Does this apply to everyone? Because about 45% of the population don't pay any income tax at all. I didn't know people have to PAY for consumers, when did that start?

Godsmirror

Registered Member
Some of the republicans are as anti Trump as the dems. I wonder if its because they are afraid he will expose them all for what they really are, sewer rats. I don't think we are dealing with a swamp but a sewer.
That is a very realistic possibility. You know, every time Trump proposes something that would be good for America, and there is no support from either side, that, in and of itself, is damning to the people who don't support it. Their true colors show simply by their inaction. More specifically, the REASON for their inaction.

Trump doesn't have to do anything to expose them. They do it to themselves.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
That is a very realistic possibility. You know, every time Trump proposes something that would be good for America, and there is no support from either side, that, in and of itself, is damning to the people who don't support it. Their true colors show simply by their inaction. More specifically, the REASON for their inaction.

Trump doesn't have to do anything to expose them. They do it to themselves.
Yes they are exposing themselves. Some of the things Trump wants to do would be beneficial but congress can't get it together on anything.

Carmelita

Registered Member
No, they never do. Trickle down is BS. Because the investment in America does not happen. They put their money where they get the best return. This rarely means jobs for Americans. It rarely means they will spend the money they are saving.
I totally agree with you that trick down economics doesn't work in this country. Everyone is trying to get ahead and that means even the companies that will be getting the tax cuts. Here is hoping that things look up soon!