Do you think that Donald Trump's tax cuts for the rich will ....

Carmelita

Registered Member
Do you think that the impending tax cuts for corporate America will really help the working stiffs of this country? He thinks that they will use that money to create jobs but I really don't see it happening. What do you think?

Impaired

Registered Member
Do you think that the impending tax cuts for corporate America will really help the working stiffs of this country? He thinks that they will use that money to create jobs but I really don't see it happening. What do you think?
No, they never do. Trickle down is BS. Because the investment in America does not happen. They put their money where they get the best return. This rarely means jobs for Americans. It rarely means they will spend the money they are saving.

Impaired

Registered Member
Instead of all the immense breaks we give huge corporations, we give breaks to small business. This is what feeds the system. Consumers and small businesses.

We give billions to huge companies so they effectively pay no tax. It is insane. Unless you look at it from their point of view. They paid for that legislation fair and square.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
The only thing is in this global economy we can't be charging more in corporate taxes and expect to keep them here.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
First off, if you read the tax plan, it's not "tax breaks for the rich", it's tax breaks for everybody. Secondly, we don't "give billions to huge companies", it's THEIR money to begin with, the government lets them keep more of it. Thirdly, we have the highest corporate tax rate than any other developed nation.

Now, will this tax plan stimulate the economy? It might, the thing is an economy is affected by hundreds of variables, you can't make a causal connection to ONE event and the whatever the outcome is. It will HELP the economy, but that doesn't mean the economy will go up necessarily, it could mean whatever damage was inflicted by another event, was mitigated.

Godsmirror

Registered Member
Nothing Trump proposes will go through because the Dem's are still butt hurt about losing to an outsider. He could advocate free diapers for all babies born in America and the senate would find a problem with it.......because TRUMP proposed it.

I saw a meme not too long ago that was a face shot of Billary Clinton smiling and almost laughing. The caption simply read: "I lost an election I rigged".

That's how ineffective they are.