Do you think GF will ever run out of General Ideas to discuss about??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StroShow, Feb 11, 2010.

1. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

We all know that this forum will continue to grow due to the overwhelming popularity of this site...especially with the loyal members. The question I have for everyone is do you think that a year or two from now members will struggle thinking about general ideas for new topics. Not talking about anything related to world issue news.

2. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

I've thought about this before actually haha. Sports, news, politics and things like that will always have discussions because different things are already happening. The threads aren't hard to create because they are ready made.

I'm sure we've rehashed a ton of the same topics...its just going to happen.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

The world is constantly changing. Plus, after a while duplicate threads are fresh again because people change as well.

That being said, I think this thread shows that you are getting close to the bottom of YOUR barrel at least. :lol:

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i think about this all the time. but i don't think it'll happen because more and more new members are coming, they probably don't search for topics already discussed so they'll open the same threads and by then we will have a different discussion with new people lol

5. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Indeed. That's why there's a bunch of stupid ones.

However, I think that after 6 months to a year...the same discussion should be able to be posted again.

6. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I have also thought about this many times "will GF EVER run out of stuff to talk about" lol, but I came to the conclusion just like everyone else who has posted on this thread that A) The world is constantly changing, politics, news, sport and movies are changing every day, so there wouldn't be lack of discussion there. And B) As Millz touched on, we rehash threads all the time because there comes a time where the old one becomes too old, so we just open up a new one of the same topic which gives existing members a chance to give their changing opinions and also new members a chance to reply to threads.

7. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Until a mod closes it for being a dupe. :lol:

Yeah, I think that GD would be the only real issue*. The other sections will never cease to have new topics. Maybe parts of MD.

*Not that I think it will be an issue. Like most have said, any topic is good to go again after a fair while and there's lots of stuff we haven't touched on yet. Too bad I can't think of it myself though. :shifteyes:

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

This thread just goes to show that Technically ideas never die or run out. I've seen this particular Topic discussed at least 3-4 times just on this forum. And the funny thing is I've seen the same Veterans from back when I was a noob say the same thing I'm saying.

There is never a shortage of ideas to post about. But the cool thing is that peoples opinions will eventually grow, change, or evolve... as will their posting styles. So if already done topics get revived in a new classy thread... theres a possibility for new ideas to be posted in them.

9. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

by the way, one of the many topics that comes to my mind is "cheating on your partner". this has been discussed here several times .. lol ... but when new members they share new ideas so a whole new discussion is born.
    [oh .. and i've noticed i now think differently from a year ago lol]

10. StroShow

StroShow The return shall be legenday! V.I.P. Lifetime

My barrel is definitely still full of ideas, I was just asking because every time I come up with a topic idea to posts Babe Ruth tells me not to post it because it already as. So I guess if people's creativity for topics will run out in due time, or will we be forced to bring back old topics...which IMO is nothing wrong with because this site will always add different opinions in due time.