• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you think Barack Obama will be re-elected in 2012?

Do you think Barack Obama will be re-elected in 2012?

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know there's a lot of Obama "haters" here at GF, but in this thread I don't want you to tell me that you're not going to vote for him, or tell me that you hope he doesn't get re-elected. All I want to know is do you believe he's going to be re-elected come 2012? If your answer is yes please prodive a reason, same thing if it's no.

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
While it may suprise you, I don't hate Obama. I just disagree with him ideologically, think he is a poor leader, and a bad president. Many of my friends are politically to his left, but I digress.

The republicans need to put forward a strong conservative candidate for Obama to lose. I am not confident in their ability to do so.

Obama has been a terrible president. He has not been the uniter the he promised to be. He has been so divisive to galvanize his opposition. While at the same time he has also greatly disappointed his base. I think it would be an uphill battle for him to win but if republicans nominate a RINO like McCain again he will birdie the next hole and proceed directly to the clubhouse ;)

Raos

Registered Member
I think it is impossible to answer this without knowing who the GOP candidate will be. I think Obama would lose againt someone like Romney, but win against someone like Palin (not that I think she will be the nominee).

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I don't know anyone on here that hates Obama, just some that agree with him politically and some who do not. While I agree with SS, his presidency has been a failure and I would rank him as one of the worst in history (still not as bad as Carter) I agree with Raos it's hard to say without knowing who the GOP nominee would be. I don't see anyone on that side of the aisle, particulary Sarah Palin, who would be a shoe-in winner running against him. Based on what I see thus far, I would say his chances of winning reelection are pretty high, unfortunately.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I voted no. There's been a few things he's done that are admirable. Mostly though, his policy to make government mightier than this country needs is not viewed as good leadership.

Zenheizer

needs practice
I'm not a politically adept persona at all, but I would say no. Although I was a big supporter last time, I just hear too many complaints about this presidency. But it didn't help where Bush left him.
Personally, I would like a job as well, and not have to pay $4 for unleaded.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
The Republicans are hardly looking serious in my opinion.

I think people are disappointed with Obama (although I'm not sure how anyone with a formal education could rank him in even the bottom five, that's just fantasy) and how he's done nothing but sympathize with republican policy and fallen back on his promises like so many before him. People were expecting something different and they didn't get it. However, I doubt the sting of the Bush years has worn off yet and I doubt people are ready for another Conservative especially seeing the ludicrous policies and lack of priorities the GOP has shown the past few months.

viLky

ykLiv
As of right now it looks like he'll win by default. There just isn't any strong contenders from the right. If there are, they haven't shown themselves, yet. There is speculation that Donald Trump MAY run, but that just looks like a bunch of bologna. That guy looooves publicly, and who can blame him? Really, we give it to him. Our presidential races have really turned into entertainment rather than governing and learning what our political candidates will do. >.<;

SlowburnDarkly

Registered Member
I voted 'no'. Of course, this really depends on the other candidates as well. As Merc said, he just didn't deliver and the people are very pissed off by that in my opinion. He won the presidency by promising change and offering a better future for us, but didn't deliver. I do think that most voters are more willing to go back to a Republican candidate, but I'm hoping an Independent may have a better chance this time around.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
While it may suprise you, I don't hate Obama. I just disagree with him ideologically, think he is a poor leader, and a bad president. Many of my friends are politically to his left, but I digress.

The republicans need to put forward a strong conservative candidate for Obama to lose. I am not confident in their ability to do so.

Obama has been a terrible president. He has not been the uniter the he promised to be. He has been so divisive to galvanize his opposition. While at the same time he has also greatly disappointed his base. I think it would be an uphill battle for him to win but if republicans nominate a RINO like McCain again he will birdie the next hole and proceed directly to the clubhouse ;)
I agree here. He seems to be a very amicable guy. He reminds me of the kind of guy I could crack a beer with and watch a ball game. On a personal level he seems down to earth.

Politically however we are polar opposites. I can not stand the mans political views and in light of the 2010 election when the Dems got their asses handed to them, I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel for Obama in 2012. The Tea Party has really pulled the mask off Obama and Americans are beginning to see it.