Do you talk to yourself?

I do, usually when I'm at work. I tend to mumble something about a client or missing file. I'll do it at home sometimes too, especially on AIM..things like.."seriously? Oh no you didn't..what a jerk" as I'm responding with the same thing I'm saying out loud.

Talk to myself, like a schizophrenic? Or like just thinking to yourself out loud?

Everyone talks to themselves at some point, and I'll be honest and say I've actually had a conversation with myself:lol:because I was thoroughly unsure of something upcoming with my school career.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Of course I talk to myself but most of the time when I'm at home alone or at work because I'm trying to remember what I was going to do or just bitching about a patients parent once I get off the phone with them.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Yeah I talk to myself while I am working, sometimes when I am angry too.

The only time you have to worry about talking to yourself is when the voices in your head answer back, and they are starting to make sense.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
Yes, I do it occasionally. It helps me organize my thoughts or sometimes I come across and epiphany talking aloud what I am thinking subconsciously. I sometimes use it as a motivational tool when exercising or doing heavy lifts.

However, I only do it when I am alone and I have something heavy on my mind doesn't happen too often. However the bigger the problem the higher the stress the more I will talk aloud.

Oooh_snap

Living on the 0th floor
V.I.P.
I do basically anytime I am alone. I do it to organize my thoughts or to decide how to react to a certain situation that might be coming my way.. Or especially AFTER I have had an agrument with someone. I tend to say everything I wish I would have thought of during the argument.

Rectify88

Registered Member
I mumble things out loud. well I guess there not loud if you mumble them, but I do talk to myself, usually when I need to remember lyrics, that's probably my most active time.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I don't know.... Do I? Yes I do.

I find that a little bit of talking out loud isn't really that crazy. I think I do it most when I'm under pressure, like if I have a deadline I tend to start reassuring myself that I will finish, that I "can do it". It helps keep me focused.

However the line between keeping yourself on task and just being crazy can be determined if you talk to yourself and receive a reply.....

wolfheart

Registered Member
I do talk to myself mostly when i'm trying to remember something like where i put my keys or phone,i also do it when im angry and there is no one to vent to!