Do you talk to yourself?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ysabel, Aug 11, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Out loud, not just a mental conversation...

In what situations do you do it? Do you have to be alone or you do it even when someone else is around? Do you think it's healthy/normal thing to do it or it's just plain crazy? :lol:

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

Sometimes I do it just so that I look crazy. Other times I do it in the shower. It helps me organize my thought sometimes.

Actually, I do it all the time. Pretty much whenever I'm alone. Not whole conversations mind you, just sentences and observations.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I never do it out loud. Sometimes I'll ask myself what the hell I'm doing, but I never actually have a conversation with myself.

4. Atreyu

Atreyu #2 New Zealander

The only situation i ever talk to myself is when reciting a speech

5. exitamentaltemple

exitamentaltemple Registered Member

i kind of talk to myself when i get bored or when im at work tryin to figure something out

6. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Hmm, not outloud very often but I do think to myself a lot. Like conversational type things. I kind of assumed most people did that throughout the day though.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I talk to myself sometimes. Not to the extreme where I answer myself back but I'll say little things.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Same here. Sometimes out of boredom. Sometimes it's to motivate myself like "you can do it!" (I had to say it loud, lol). I also would say, "oh you're so stupid" or "you never learn, do you" after I do something idiotic (repeatedly too). Or when I have too many thoughts in my head running, I say, "shut up". :lol:

9. Mason

Mason phawq

Never in a conversation. And only when I'm alone.

10. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

I have many mental conversations.. Sometimes they come out in speach when I'm trying to figure something out and I need a pen and paper. I suppose it helps me focus better on the task at hand.
    I don't have loud conversations with myself. On occassion I'll repremand myself out loud, with a phrase or something.