Do you talk to yourself?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Out loud, not just a mental conversation...

In what situations do you do it? Do you have to be alone or you do it even when someone else is around? Do you think it's healthy/normal thing to do it or it's just plain crazy? :lol:

Corona

Registered Member
Sometimes I do it just so that I look crazy. Other times I do it in the shower. It helps me organize my thought sometimes.

Actually, I do it all the time. Pretty much whenever I'm alone. Not whole conversations mind you, just sentences and observations.

Last edited:

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I never do it out loud. Sometimes I'll ask myself what the hell I'm doing, but I never actually have a conversation with myself.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Hmm, not outloud very often but I do think to myself a lot. Like conversational type things. I kind of assumed most people did that throughout the day though.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Sometimes I do it just so that I look crazy. Other times I do it in the shower. It helps me organize my thought sometimes.

Actually, I do it all the time. Pretty much whenever I'm alone. Not whole conversations mind you, just sentences and observations.

Same here. Sometimes out of boredom. Sometimes it's to motivate myself like "you can do it!" (I had to say it loud, lol). I also would say, "oh you're so stupid" or "you never learn, do you" after I do something idiotic (repeatedly too). Or when I have too many thoughts in my head running, I say, "shut up". :lol:

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
I have many mental conversations.. Sometimes they come out in speach when I'm trying to figure something out and I need a pen and paper. I suppose it helps me focus better on the task at hand.
I don't have loud conversations with myself. On occassion I'll repremand myself out loud, with a phrase or something.