Do you talk like you write?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Jul 26, 2008.

?

Do you talk like you write?

1. Yes

45.5%
  2. No

54.5%
  1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I've noticed that I write a lot different than I would talk in real life. It's weird because it seems that both would be similar.

Is it just me or does anybody else notice this too?

Go ahead and find one of your posts and read it out loud. Does it sound like something you'd say?

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

When I started talking college classes I noticed this too, that my writing and the way I talk differ. But I think we all subconsciously take the colloquial approach when we communicate.

Boredie likes this.
  3. Minimint1

Minimint1 Registered Member

Haha no, I express my self way more on the internet or on paper than I do in real life. For instance if I went up to a mate of mine and started a debate on religion or homosexuality they would be like "Man what the hell are you talking about". I just find it easier to express my self when I'm not directly speaking to somebody.

Boredie likes this.
  4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I picked yes. How I am on GF is pretty much how I am in real. I don't try and be something I'm not - what you see is what you get.

5. Mirage

I guess I meant "grammatically" and sentence structure more than anything, make sense?

6. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

No. My mind is usually going in 10 diifferent directions and I tend to talk about several things at once at times. As far as my grammar, apparently it's not that great online to begin with ...:rolleyes:...so I guess it's about the same in RL.

But, I am just as sarcastic in real life as I am online.

7. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I laugh a lot in between sentences. If something makes me laugh it's hard for me to stop. I can't obviously laugh in between sentences when I'm typing. The words I use are the same. I'm not smart and I don't pretend to be. If there's a subject I have strong opions on I will voice them the same here as I would in real - same sentence structure.

8. Mirage

Bliss you must not know about the lol instead of period approach when typing.

i.e. I went to the store lol. The strangest thing happened lol. :lol:

Just kidding. I have seen that online though quite a bit.

9. revanx764

revanx764 New Member

Yes, now that I think about I'm actually quite suprised that I talk the way I write.:cool:

10. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I think I'd come across completely different if I did that. You'd all hate me. OK, I'll admit that maybe I'm a little bit more mature on GF than in real.