Do you take naps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fragile, Nov 23, 2008.

1. fragile

fragile Registered Member

I'm surprised at how many people my age that take naps. I do occasionally, but then I feel kind of bad since I'm supposed to be young and full of energy or something :shifteyes: So I've been wondering if I'm just really lazy.
    I used to think that there were only old people that needed their afternoon nap, but a lot of my friends and classmates are always talking about going home, taking a nap and then go to pratice or out or whatever.

Do you often feel the need for a nap after school/work etc?

2. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Yeah I nap quite often except sometimes it actually makes me feel worse than before I went to sleep. It's handy if you've had a long day but still have a lot to do at night though.

3. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Younger people need naps because their bodies are still changing, and almost all of this change occurs while we sleep.
    Older people have less energy, and the energy they have runs-out quicker, so they just need to recharge their batteries, and this too occurs only when we are totally relaxed which often turns into a nap or deep sleep.
    At 31, I don't nap per-se, but I do get fatigue with some medication I take [it's just a side-effect which I can ignore if I have to.]

4. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

No I don't take naps. I'd feel like I had something wrong with me if I took naps. I'm young and want to enjoy my days!
    My mum is 51 and she naps on the weekends and when she's on the bus. I'm worried I'll end up doing the same thing!

5. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I'm tired all the time but I rarely take naps. I don't have time for naps as I work all week then at the weekend I'm usually out.

It's something I need to address as I never really seem to have the energy for anything these days.

If I do take a nap it's on a sunday afternoon as there is usually nothing better to do!

6. Altanzitarron

Altanzitarron Tamer Of The LOLzilla

Bus nap has a serious potential for fail.

7. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

I sneak in a naps all the time at work small 15-30 min power naps usually at lunch time, when I am home on the weekends I don't intend on napping but usually end up taking one if I stretch out on the couch watching a game or something on tv.

8. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

When I'm really tired and when I can afford to take one. But my night sleep is more a nap than regular sleep. :lol:

9. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

Yep I'll take power naps at work for about 30 minutes on my lunch hour and at home on the weekends it might happen very infrequently though as I'm not at home on the couch long enough for this to happen.

10. Oooh_snap

Oooh_snap Living on the 0th floor V.I.P. Lifetime

I am tired all the time, but I don't take naps. If it is really bad I'll just have a cup of coffee. I always feel worse when I wake up from naps. I never find them refreshing.