• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Politics Do you support Ted Cruz?

Do you support Ted Cruz?

• Total voters

dDave

V.I.P.
Pretty basic question really. I'm sure people are going to go a whole bunch of directions here.

I see Ted Cruz as an incredibly well spoken, intelligent, and passionate patriot that is fighting to take America back from the corruption. Someone that looks out for the best interests of America rather than himself.

He doesn't hide, he doesn't make excuses. He, unlike many of his fellow senators, is an honorable person.

Here's what he said concerning the shutdown.
“Harry Reid should not force a government shutdown. I hope that Reid stops refusing to negotiate and works with the House to avoid a government shutdown, and, at the same time, prevent the enormous harms that Obamacare is inflicting on the American people.

“If, however, Harry Reid forces a government shutdown, I intend to donate my salary to charity for each day the government is shut down. Elected leaders should not be treated better than the American people, which is precisely why hardworking Americans deserve the same Obamacare exception that President Obama has already granted Members of Congress.”

If that doesn't show that he has a profound understanding of the problems that America faces then I don't know what does. It almost seems too simple but it's very true.

I honestly hope I get to vote for this guy in the 2016 election.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
I have yet to hear him say anything I disagree with. I think if he runs for president he will win and in a landslide. Maybe we can actually get a conservative who can actually articulate himself for once? He would be way better than Reagan, I think he has the spine to actually balance the budget, no matter how much these pigs squeal.

CaptainObvious

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
He understands the Constitution better than most. Unlike a lot of people he understands as a Senator he represents the state of Texas and he votes as his constituency wishes. He doesn't represent any other state and his job isn't to rubber stamp whatever the president wants. Will I support him if he runs for president? Maybe, but as a citizen of Texas I support him as my senator 100%.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Depends who he would berunning against of course. But he's better than anyone who's tried to run recently. Certainly understands the constitution more than any of them except maybe Ron Paul.