• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

SEGA Do You Still Enjoy The Games?

dDave

V.I.P.
I still have that good old Game Gear. I can't believe how long those things last. I have a lot of games and a Game Genie with no code book. I have Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic Chaos, Hook, Madden 95, and some NBA 95 game. For some reason the sports games weren't very good on the Game Gear.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had one for the longest time but finally got rid of it. Mostly every Sonic game for Game Gear was awesome. Every bit as good as the Genesis Sonic games for sure.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I agree that the Sonic games were always good for the GG, but I never really got to play any more of the games than Sonic.

That thing loves batteries, too.

dDave

V.I.P.
Yeah I remember it having 2 battery slots on it, It required 6 (!) AA batteries for only like 3 hours of gameplay. When I do play it I just plug it in with my Sega Genesis power adapter because both systems used the exact same adapter. If I'm not mistaken wasn't game gear the very first handheld system with a backlit screen, I remember hearing something about how Nintendo did not do it in any of their gameboys because of a copyright problem.

Doc

V.I.P.
Nah, the Atari Lynx was the first with a backlight.

dDave

V.I.P.
But when did the game gear come into play? I mean which systems came before game gear?

Doc

V.I.P.
Just the Game Boy and the Lynx that I know of.

dDave

V.I.P.
Oh ok, I remember hearing something about a SEGA Nemesis, that came out like 2 years before the game gear. Do you know of this? That's right the original Gameboy did have that.

Doc

V.I.P.
You probably mean the Nomad, which came out in 1995; five years after the Game Gear.

The Nomad was simply a portable Genesis.

RarePD

Registered Member
I keep hearing that the Sonic game on the Sega CD is the best Sonic game ever, but I never knew anyone who owned a Sega CD so I was never able to give it a whirl.

But I do believe Sonic & Knuckles is the best 16-bit Sonic, with Sonic 2 ironically ranking in second.

Remember that cancelled Sonic game for the Saturn, Sonic X-Treme? It was going to implement a modified NiGHTs engine. Now that looked ahead of its time, infact it almost draws comparisons to Super Mario Galaxy.