Do you shower before working out?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by EllyDicious, Aug 5, 2010.

1. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Why do friends tell me that it's weird to have a shower before working out/exercising? :shifteyes:
    I shower because I don't want to smell sweaty during the work out.

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

I kind of view it as pointless since I know I'm going to smell after the workout anyways. I mean, unless he's been a tough day at the office I won't smell that bad before the workout anyways. Or if its before work when I wake up its not that bad either.

At least for me.

There's nothing wrong with showering twice though and I don't think its weird. I just don't do it because I dont want to have to wash two sets of towels :lol:

3. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I'm with Millz on this one, there's no point of showering before you work out. I've actually never heard anyone doing this either, so no offense Elly I do believe it's strange.

Is there a reason behind this, we all know why people shower after working out, but I can't really think of a reason for showering before hand.

4. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I also see it as pointless, since you're just going to have to take a shower afterwards anyway. Even if I desperately need one...I will still wait until after a workout to take one.

5. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

No, I've never done it. It's a waste of time and water. Who cares if you smell bad when you start your workout? You will start sweating and giving off an unpleasing odor eventually. Hell, sometimes I will even wear dirty workout clothes just because there is no point in washing them just so that they'll smell good for five minutes.

6. Unity

Unity I drink & I know things. Staff Member

Sorry, I'm on the pointless bus with the rest of 'em.

I mean I do make sure to put on deodorant, but to shower beforehand is pointless since you probably should after.

7. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

Well it sounds pointless but it's not lol. I shower and put on some cream that smells great and has 100% effect after showering.
    So If sweat then I'll smell good [because of the cream] and I won't feel the sweat odor even when I'm sweaty.

8. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Sounds like you care if you smell during or after the workout...I think that's where the difference comes into play lol.

I dont really care how I smell to be honest since I know I'll take care of the situation later on.

9. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Sorry, but everyone at the Gym smells bad. No one will notice if you smell good or bad while you're working out. In the end it doesn't really matter either.

10. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I'm with the consensus on this one, I neber shower before I workout, it's pointless. I cou;dn't care less how I smell during a workout, only after a workout.