Do you shop Classifieds?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mirage, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you browse classified ads and have you ever bought something from one? Be it an online classified add such as craigslist or one in your newspaper?

I haven't bought very many things through these but I did get my Sega Game Gear through classified ads. Got a pretty good deal too for the time.

Other than that I usually browse them from time to time just to see what's available. I've also purchased computer monitors through classified ads in the past.

2. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I've sold things via classified ads, but I don't really look at them myself.

3. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I looked through the classifieds when I was looking for my car, and my brother looked in the classifieds when he was looking for his second car. In the end neither of us decided to buy anything out of them. I have never sold anything in classifieds.

4. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

I haven't bought anything off of any of those sites...

But they do have some cheap (brand name) saxophones on craigslist in the area and I would really like to have one.

My mom came very close to getting me a bassoon off on eBay back in 2006 before I had one... However when she emailed the person to buy it (I think... I don't remember exactly but I do know he had his own site so we were emailing him from there.) it had already been sold. D:

Oh well, it all worked out in the end.

5. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I enjoy reading them but I've never bought nor advertised (unless you count ebay announcements). I just think it's interesting to see what people buy and sell these days. Some have very creative ways to describe their stuff or their need too. They're funny.