• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you ship to unconfirmed addresses?

Do you ship to unconfirmed addresses?

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had some trouble a while ago with a guy who had an unconfirmed address. My personal policy on this is that I will not ship to an unconfirmed address when the buyer pays with PayPal, and basically I ended up not selling the item to this person and relisting it.

I've had one to many problems with shipping to unconfirmed addresses.

Bunny_roses

what? no pink?
I have not had a problem as of yet but I am not a big time seller either. I only sell from time to time on ebay. Mostly kids clothes : ) so it doesn't really matter to me. Maybe if it was a high priced item I might think twice.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
All of my auctions now require that you have insuance and delivery confirmation.
I will ship to anyone who follows my auction rules.
If they don't like the rules.....Then they don't need to buy it from me.
Sorry if it sounds rough, but I have been burned way too many times.

I miss the old days of ebay....

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I'll ship to unconfirmed, but I insist on delivery confirmation too.

doubles2004

Registered Member
Same here angel when I was selling I always had delivery confirmation

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yeah delivery confirmation is also a good thing to use. I always build that into the price of my shipping as well.

That sort of goes for local pickup too. If somebody wants to pick the item up locally, it's always good to write up a quick paragraph stating that they have picked the item up locally and then have them sign for it.

I'd like to think that somebody wouldn't try to claim they didn't get the item if they picked it up locally, but hey, I'm sure it's been tried. :)

Roland_Jenkins

Registered Member
Blanket answer is NO! I have made an exception when the buyer contacted me in advance and explained the circumstances.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
I guess if they are not paying with PayPal, I have shipped to unconfirmed. My main concern is people issuing chargebacks after receiving the item.

This is actually covered by PayPal if you get delivery confirmation AND ship to a confirmed address. If not then you are in trouble. That's why I rarely do.

Melos

Registered Member
I'm another low-dollar-item person, and I too, shipped to any address you want to give me. Just with delivery confirmation. I cover my butt, its your business if the thing gets to your address or not.