• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you say Hi ?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Are you the person who greets someone you've seen/met before even-though you're not friends?
I am always willing to greet someone I've met before even when I'm not friends with them. I just don't see anything wrong with just saying HI but most of the people I've met, don't greet me back. They mostly pretend like they've never seen me before.

I still don't know what's the big deal about saying Hi. It doesn't take more than 1 second

Bliss

Sally Twit
Some people probably don't see the point in responding as they might never see you again.

Personally, if I make eye contact with a stranger I will smile at them rather than speaking. Otherwise it may appear rude if I just look at them.

If someone says hello to me then I will say it back.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Some people probably don't see the point in responding as they might never see you again.
That's a lame reason. I think people should say Hi(back) whether they see you again or not.

But different people think differently about this. lol.

SammyMay

Registered Member
Have you ever met someone, and throughout your meeting thought, 'wow, this person is rather annoying...please stop speaking?' i know its a bad thought, but I as well as many others i'm sure have thought this.

In saying that, I will say Hi, if I see somebody I have met before, however, it depends on who it is, and under what circumstances we met. Perhaps they were rude, or there was an argument that unfolded during said ''meet.'' In which case, No, I will not go out of my way to say hello.

But on the other hand, had I seen someone I had hoped to run into again, I will approach and say hello. If they do not respond, it's fine with me. Perhaps I am the one who came across as annoying or weird. Such is life I suppose. haha

StormyClouds

Registered Member
i only say hi if they say hi, im quite shy in person and always think they might not want me to say hi, whether they know me or not.

shelgarr

Registered Member
I only will do so if I'm mostly confident they remember me. Otherwise I'll let it go if I run across someone that I've only met.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I'll greet them, but won't be like "You remember me?" That's just awkward for me...

wooly

I am the woolrus
If i vaguely recognised someone i'd say hi to them!! On the offchance i do actually know them and at the risk of hurting their feelings :p sure if i don't know them and i give them a hello and a smile what harm! i sometimes might greet the odd stranger if i'm passing them and it's quiet :D

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
If I lock eyes with someone I'll always say hi, hey or hello to them; even if I don't know them. It doesn't mean a conversation will come from it, it's just the nice and polite thing to do.

Last edited:

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
i only say hi if they say hi, im quite shy in person and always think they might not want me to say hi, whether they know me or not.
I'm pretty much like this too. I'm more than happy to chat to anyone if they initiate the conversation but I am usually too shy/nervous to start the conversation myself. Especially if I've only met that person once or twice.