• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you read books more than once?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I do. I've reread my Harry Potter series (and rewatch them), Gone with the Wind (and rewatch it, yeah I know it's looong), and some books like Sybil and more practical books. I don't reread much my suspense/thriller books especially if I still remember how it ends.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I re-read Stephen King's On Writing, which I highly recommend to any King fan, especially ones that have any interest in writing their own fiction.

I also read the entire Resident Evil series by S.D. Perry several times.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I never sell or get rid of my books and yes, I've read some more than once.

Impact

V.I.P.
I reread my favourite books all the time. I've read the Harry Potter series, Tales from the Wyrd Museum, The Wind on Fire trilogy and Lord of the Rings trilogy so many times. There's something comforting about reading a book you know like the back of your hand.

Starfire86

Registered Member
I've re-read a lot of books, partly because I like them so much, partly because sometimes I'll perceive them differently than I did before.

m1ssro

Registered Member
There are only certain books that I re-read, and usually only those that really hit me and got to me on a very personal level. Watership Down and The Book of the Dun Cow are two books that I read every few years because of the impact they have on me.

whiteraven

Registered Member
I normally don't reread books that I have read before but I will say I did reread the whole Twilight series again. I blog the books that I read so I really try not to reread books again. I am a fan of reading a good book and there are way to many books out that to read to really think about rereading to many over and over again.
I can say that I might reread a few that I have read many years ago to just add them to my book blog for others to see.

Taliesin

Registered Member
I reread To Kill a Mockingbird recently. It was like I was reading it for the first time again (I've read it about six times now). There are a handful of other books, along with comics, that I'll do this with. I firmly believe that works of art (literary or otherwise) are meant to be appreciated this way... not just taken in once and then discarded.

dDave

V.I.P.
EDIT - I just noticed this is my 7,000th post :shocked:

Lately I really haven't had time to re-read anything.

I'm working my way through the Wheel of Time series right now. (that's 11,000 pages) After book 6 I'm planning on talking a break to read the Hunger Games or to re-read Lord of The Rings or The Inheritance Cycle.

I don't re-read books often but the books that I do re-read I usually wait a few years in between.

The books are usually great if not better the second time around because I easily forget small details. Inheritance and Lord of The Rings are both due for a re-read though. As a writer it's important for me to know as much as I can about the genre that I write.