• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you prefer writing or typing?

Do you prefer to write or type?

• Total voters

Bliss

Sally Twit
I think the only time I use a pen nowadays is to write a card to someone, write an address or to make notes in training at work. For everything else I'm always typing.

I just find writing so boring and I hate my handwriting so I'd much rather type something as it's much faster.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Typing. Because it's easier to correct and edit mistakes.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Typing is much faster, but I actually love writing, especially when my handwriting is at its best. I'm very particular about my pen and paper; it has to be just right or else my handwriting is shite.

When it comes to taking notes in class, writing actually helps you learn the material better than typing would.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I like both about the same. I love to write short stories, so there is definitely a part of me that enjoys grabbing a pen & pad and writing until my hand goes numb. But Chaos brought up a good point. Typing has its advantages when it comes to editing. Much easier to go through your writing with spell check than it is to read all the way through, erasing and re-writing things you've messed up.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I prefer to type, but if I am in class, then I want to write. I find that I retain the information more if I am forced to write.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Typing is a lot easier and faster for me. But I do love my handwriting so I don't mind writing when I have to.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Definitely typing for me. My handwriting is average at best, and some times it could be hard to read if I'm rushing. Another reason why I prefer typing over writing is because I'm much faster at typing.

Dabs

Registered Member
Typing is much faster, but I actually love writing, especially when my handwriting is at its best. I'm very particular about my pen and paper; it has to be just right or else my handwriting is shite.

When it comes to taking notes in class, writing actually helps you learn the material better than typing would.

I agree Jeanie. I think my handwriting is going to shit, as I get older, but if I take my time, I can still write "pretty" (cursive). I enjoy writing small notes and sending out cards, and I hand write all of that and so I choose writing. Typing is Ok when you have to do it that way, but for a Thank You note or a simple Hello card, it's much more personal to hand write it.

Nevyrmoore

AKA Ass-Bandit
Depends on what exactly I'm trying to do. If I'm creating a message or a letter to someone, I'm going to end up typing it. Otherwise, they'll either end up with something unreadable or A LETTER WRITTEN ENTIRELY IN CAPITALS THAT ONLY REALLY WORKS ON MEMOS BECAUSE EVERYWHERE ELSE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE SHOUTING AT THE PERSON YOU'RE WRITING TO.

But if it's something only for my benefit, like a set of notes, then I'm going to write it out. This is because I find it a lot easier to look back at notes on paper than I do looking at notes on a computer screen. There's just something about being able to flick through them that makes it easier to digest.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Typing for me...mainly because I'm really fast at it and because my handwriting is pretty poor.

I do prefer writing when it comes to my poetry, though. I'm all ink in that case.