• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you pick your battles?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Do you fight:

- for the sake of fighting? (at each opportunity)
- because you're told?
- only in those battles you know you can win?
- only for things worth fighting for?
- other reasons... (pls. specify)

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I never got into a fight in my life, personally I don't see the point of fighting, why would anyone like to get punched in the face or anywhere else.

But with that being said, I'll fight if I have to, if someone tries to fight me, its not like I'm not going to defend myself. Or if one of my friends is in trouble and getting beat up, I'll step in and try to help him out.

dDave

V.I.P.
I fight when I am fought against, no matter what, if somebody punches me, that's it for them, they're done. I do not EVER start fights so that's good.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.

Yes but only on a sheet of ice. I've only been in a few unavoidable altercations outside of a hockey rink that didnt really amount to much other than verbal abuse and threats.

- because you're told?

I've had coaches tell me to make something happen.. so yeah I've fought because I was told to.

hahaha if only it were that easy! I've picked fights on my own that I thought I could win that turned out to be real bad choices. Little guys that were real scrappers or big guys that looked slow but had surprising speed.

Nah I've fought just for the fun of it. A hockey fight is a real exilerating experience. 99% emotional driven, they arent planned out unless the situation calls for it.

A great example of when a coach has told me to go out and drop the gloves was about 2 maybe 3 years ago. We were playing in the semi-finals of our leagues playoffs and our team was playing really flat. The game was tied and it seemed like everyone was just sorta going through the motions. Our coach looked at me and said "Time to make something happen, we need emotion and you're my sparkplug. Get out there and change this game". So I went out, skated my ass off for about 10 seconds, found my bitch, slashed at his shins, he turned with a haymaker at me which started a fight that lasted a decent amount of punches. I got ejected from the game but now my team had that little bit of adrenaline and excitement going because of the fight. They scored with around 3 minutes left and we won the game moving us to the Finals.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Do you fight:

*** never had that desire

- because you're told?

*** yes, it's not the best feeling when you don't know why you're fighting except that "you were told"

**** :lol:

**** ideally, this is the only reason I want when I fight; but sometimes even when some things are worth fighting for, I couldn't get myself to fight (lack the energy to do it)
------
Shameless resurrection. For battlers out there.

Last edited:

Damo

Registered Member
Do you fight:

No, I'll only consider fighting if i HAVE to. - because you're told?

No. - only in those battles you know you can win?

Nope, if I need to defend someone, I'll give it a shot even if i know I'll have my arse handed to me.

Yeah, Mates and Family.

Man vs Woman punch on, I'd get involved. Though there is this red headed prick at my school in my year level who likes feeling up guys for the hell of it and grabbing our private areas, he dragged my friend Jack along the floor because he is the shortest in my group of friends, he won't start a fight with the rest of us, next year when i get back from school holidays, I might start a fight to start off year 12 with a bang. He's a cheap fighter and goes right for the private areas when he is getting owned. Size 11 Steel capped boot to the head might change his way of thinking. No one likes him and he makes a bad habit of hanging around us.

Last edited:

Xeilo

V.I.P.
I have only been in a few fights in my life, and they were either started by the other person, or fighting for fun, which I had only done once while drunk, was stupid now that I look back it lol.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
I fight only when there actually is a reason to fight about, I am a type that can crack the shits easy, but I tend to walk away from the situation SOMETIMES, I never into a fight because someone asks me to bash that person for them, I tell them to fuck off and handle their own battles.

If anyone insults my family and friends, bags them in any way of insult, they're are sure to cop shit from me and get into a fight with me.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
I fight to defend myself but I wouldn't pick a fight just for the fun of it.

I only fight for people and causes that are worth it.