Do you pay to expedite shipping?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by Mirage, Aug 7, 2007.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

When you buy things online do you pay extra to expedite the shipping process?

I bought something a few days ago and the $14.95 standard shipping was all I got. I'm still waiting for the item of course, but, I'm starting to wonder if maybe $5 or $10 more would have been worth it for 2 day or overnight. :)

Anyone else hate waiting, but, also hate paying extra? :D

2. Gwiz

Gwiz Registered Member

It really depends on the need for your product. Usually, I would pay extra to get it the next day or 2 day. i just hate waiting for the courier to arrive, you know the date but they won't give you a time frame. One time, i knew my product was comign on a specific date and I waited and it came at about 7pm. I was thinking to myself, I would rather jsut go to a B&M and brought it from there and pay a bit more instead of wasting an entire day.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Well generally UPS and all of the courier services are on specific routes. If you received it around 7pm then chances are if you use the same shipping service next time you'll get it around that same time. Their route probably has you towards the end.

4. califbob

califbob Registered Member

I provide my eBay customers three different shipping methods. Free US Ground (UPS), UPS 3 Day Select & UPS Next Day Service.

Depending on the cost of the item that they purchase, and their current needs, most of the people tend to go with the Free US Ground Shipping.

That has been my experience anyway.

Check out my eBay store if you get bored. I cannot post the link here, but if you go to stores (dot) ebay (dot) com (slash) mjr-deals - - - you could probably find it.

Thanks,
    Calif.Bob