• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you often... think?

Interested

Registered Member
What I mean is: do you often find yourself analysing situations and thinking (deeply) about life.

For example, if someone's mother dies in a film and you see a grieving person, does it make you think that perhaps you are not spending enough time with your own parent or others you love? Does it strike you that perhaps you do not have as much time as you thought you did? If so, does it make you act differently?

Or, another example, Katrina Lepp (R.I.P.)... I assume all are familiar with her horrific story. What did that story make you think? How unfair life is? How short? How unpredictable? Something else?

Does it take much to think things like that? Is something like the first example enough to get you to think or do you need something as tragic as Katrina's story?

Starfire86

Registered Member
I think about a lot of things, all of the time. I like to set my body on autopilot, maybe do some crafting or cleaning, and try to figure it all out.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
When I see a movie about someone dying or suffering, I have this habit of crying and putting myself in their shoes. I imagine what it would feel like if the same thing happened to me.
And yes, there are times when I start appreciating my family and what I have. I am thankful but mostly I forget about all these and take things for granted.

Situations like these make us reflect on things and people that surround us and especially for the fact that we should be happy with what we have.

Dabs

Registered Member
Yes I do, and I prefer to call it dwelling on things too much. I do it much too often.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
My mind seems to constantly think about something, I find it very hard to switch off and not think of things, music helps with this. I often go for walks around my local park to relax but I still find myself always thinking about other things...

Dabs

Registered Member
My mind seems to constantly think about something, I find it very hard to switch off and not think of things, music helps with this. I often go for walks around my local park to relax but I still find myself always thinking about other things...
I am the very same, which is why I have a hard time trying to find sleep at night sometimes. My body might be tired and I AM tired, but my damn mind doesn't want to shut down!

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
I am the very same, which is why I have a hard time trying to find sleep at night sometimes. My body might be tired and I AM tired, but my damn mind doesn't want to shut down!
I am also the same, do you tend to analyze what you have done during the day? think about what you will do the next? I tend to do a bit of both. For example if I am away from my office for more than two days I can't help by panic or think of what is waiting for me.

Dabs

Registered Member
I am also the same, do you tend to analyze what you have done during the day? think about what you will do the next? I tend to do a bit of both. For example if I am away from my office for more than two days I can't help by panic or think of what is waiting for me.
Yeppers. I think of things I have no control over. There can be nothing in my power to help with something, but I will still dwell on the fact. Makes me sick.

Interested

Registered Member
Yes I do, and I prefer to call it dwelling on things too much. I do it much too often.
I too do it way too often. Lately I feel like and old woman getting ready to leave and running out of time to make up for taking things for granted. I feel that I have wasted so much time in dumb blindness, if I may express myself in such a dramatic manner.

shelgarr

Registered Member
This is a good question. Sometimes I feel like I only think about things going from the outside inward. What I mean is that when I'm faced with an incident the makes me irritated (for instance) I re-hash it in my mind. It's my attempt to "analyze" or "justify" why my feelings are legit. What would probably be more valuable is if I give thought to how I could position my own self to feel less irritation for the next time (thinking inside outward). In other words, give some focus to my own growth so as not to be affected by trivialities.

But generally yes, I think all the time. I power walk with music, and several songs will play and I will suddenly realize I didn't listen to any of them. I always feel like I need to dig myself out of something. There's a fix that is needed somewhere. Things to be done. Things to be undone. Some kind of minor mess or major mess that needs attention. With a jobless husband, jobless me, house and yard, two teens, tennis that needs improving, volunteer commitments, maybe sick sister, book club drama, expectant niece, friends that depend on me .... I have plenty of material.

For less personal thinking, it is done here at GF. I like getting involved with topics, trying to understand more, being bambozzled by how diverse opinion can be, and the unpredictable range of personalities. It gives each topic an element of complication but the challenge is welcomed (except when I have to defend my right to think differently).

Katrina has come to my mind a few times outside of GF. It must have been so scary for her. I hate that feeling of wanting a moment back so bad to reverse such a catastrophic permanence. Frustrating.