do you love your pet??

Discussion in 'Pets' started by suberous, Nov 8, 2009.

1. suberous

suberous New Member

hi my name is ashley, im doing research into the relationships people have with their pets and would interested to hear what everyone has to say to some questions i have.. thank you for your time

what made you want a pet??

when you were looking for a pet, what made you decide to get the one you have??

have you ever given a pet to someone else, if so why??

when your pet is not around what reminds you of them??

what kind of relationship do you have with your pet??

what do you feel your pet gives you??

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I love animals.

She was cute and small.

No, I haven't.

When I'm driving and I see wild ones on the side of the road.

I don't think she likes me very much, especially since her guinea pig friend died. Not that I killed it or anything, she's just resentful, lol.

Nothing really. I want a dog.

:lol:

3. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

i used to have a pet when i was 9. a puppy.

i love animals, especially dogs so that's the reason i wanted to have it.

i wasn't looking for a pet. but my mom's friend gave it to us because he knew i was so much into dogs.

we gave the puppy back to the first owner because my mom couldn't stand him peeing everywhere in the apartment. i couldn't stop crying for days after he was gone.

i recall him once in a while when i look at golden-retriever dog pix on the Internet. i miss him though it's been 13 years ago.

i used to have him anywhere with me. even when i was out with friends, in bed, on the table while eating. anything. it was like a baby to me.

he just used to feel my heart with joy. he was the most important thing to me, at that time. it was like another half of mine. every pet becomes your friend after a while. there's a saying that goes "the more i know humans, the more i start to love my pet".

4. Amelia

Amelia Registered Member

I did'nt I found her she had been dumped

N/A

No & I would never do that , a pet is a big commitment

her toys

We have a close bond & she's my best mate

companionship

5. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

I love dogs.

I had had German Shepherd's before.

No. We received a pet from someone, however. Their other dog did not like it.

Their bowls, where they usually lay, their beds.

My dog is my best friend.

what do you feel your pet gives you?
    A sense of responsibility, and a love for animals.

6. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

I adore animals. Every pet deserves a home. I wish I could take them all.

We're not allowed cats and dogs in our building so I had to go with something small. It was between a hamster and a goldfish. Hamster won.

Never.

Sawdust.

He's a hamster and he doesn't like to be held. I'll go close to his cage sometimes and he'll sniff at the bars but that's about it. He knows that I'm there I guess.

Laughter. He's very cute to look at and he's always climbing along the bars like a monkey. He's just sweet.

7. QuilloftheBard

QuilloftheBard New Member

I had just moved out of my family home for the first time - and I was extremely lonely. My family has a dog as well and I missed the canine companionship. So I began to look into adopting one.

I had gone to the humane society and there was a picture of a chow chow needing to be adopted. Love at first sight. Sadly I had never had a chow before and since this one had a rough start he needed someone with chow experience so I went online and found a lovely lady who was selling a beautiful seven year old chow. I went to see Oslo - the dog and took her home that day.

Never. Never been in a situation where I would need to, and personally wouldnt be able to.

Any other dog. Just seeing them makes me miss her.

She's a bit of a quiet one, we mainly chill and watch movies, go on leisurely walks until it snows. Then all hell breaks loose and we're outdoors 24/7. ha ha.

She gives me companionship and love. All the things I give her I hope.

8. TheMaster

TheMaster Registered Member

I absolutely adore my pet.

What made you want a pet?
    I wanted an increase in company, so if I got a pet, that would add to the company I already have.

When you were looking for a pet, what made you decide to get the one you have?
    It's not too much hassal, and it's a warm ferrit; which I pick up and sit with when admiring the television!

Have you ever given a pet to someone else, if so why?
    No I haven't.

When your pet is not around what reminds you of them?
    A walk around the block; because my dog likes his walks and his daily walks are around the block.

What kind of relationship do you have with your pet?
    I find it an ok relationship. He doesn't esteem me picking him up.

What do you feel your pet gives you?
    A warm blanket; company and love.

9. Pugz

Pugz Ms. Malone V.I.P. Lifetime

I've had a lot of animals growing up, mostly cats and hamsters; i wanted something different. What's more different than a ferret?

My other brother had one and bred her; so i ended up with one of the babies - then eventually another from the same litter.

We looked after a dog for so long he became the family pet; but we had to give him back eventually. It feels the same to me cause i never saw him again.

The toilet :lol: They like it for some reason.

I'm their toy and they're mine - just with added responsibilities.

Enjoyment. No matter how mad i get at them they will always do something to make me laugh.

10. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

Probably because my friends all had them (this was when I was a kid) and ever since then it's just been normal to have one

I wasn't actually looking for a cat when I got mine. I was at a friends house and she was running around next door and I wanted to steal her. I told my friend I was going to take her, and the neighbours said they wanted rid of her anyway because they already had too many animals.

Yes, when my cat had kittens, I gave them away to friends

Her name, cats that look like her, the movie Alice in Wonderland as she was named after Alice, and upturned plates (don't ask)

Umm a good one I guess. She always comes and chills on my bed

Someone to talk to when i'm home alone. You don't feel so crazy when there is a pet there :shifteyes: