Do you lock your bedroom door?

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Do you have a rule in the house regarding locked bedrooms?

I remember my friend who couldn't lock her bedroom (but she has a lock) because it annoys her parents, except when she's dressing up. They think it's a sign she's doing something she shouldn't. They also think it's bad because in case something happens to her, they'd have to break the door to get in. :D

wooly

I am the woolrus
i do in my college accommodation but not at home.

with the guys i live with you have to. either lock the door or end up getting a rude awakening of some sort.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
No, I don't approve of locks on the door. It's true that if a fire breaks out, it can make access harder, especially if their are smaller people in the house, and also, again anything could happen.

The best thing is to have a golden rule with everyone that their is 'no entry' if the person inside says 'no.'

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
I do not lock my bedroom door. When I was younger we were never allowed in case a fire broke out. My Mother was the brought up that way as well (My grandfather was a Fire Man). We were also never allowed to lock the bathroom door at home. I had to train myself to break that one.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I used to not lock my bedroom door except now my toddler is tall enough to open the door and get in whenever she likes unless I lock it. She still doesn't get the concept of "do not enter" and she messes with my stuff. At night though, the door is unlocked.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I have never had a lock on my bedroom door, and even if I did i don't think i would use it anyway.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I don't even shut my bedroom door because it is just me as well as shutting the bathroom door. I do, however, close the door when I have company over just to be courteous as I watch TV in bed at night and do not want to disturb them or them disturb me should they get up before me or something as the other bedroom is across the hall.

Bananas

Endangered Species
Nope, never had to feel the need to lock the door. If the door is open, come in, if it is closed; Knock!

I do have a habit of putting something across the door when I sleep, nothing big, usually a jumper or a towel. It acts as a draft excluder but is more to do with stopping light seep through, I dont like it when that happens.