Do you list your auctions on your website?

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by technoflutemom, Sep 25, 2006.

1. technoflutemom

technoflutemom Registered Member

If you sell on a website as well as on eBay, do you list your auctions on your site? Do you use a seller's ID that relates to your website or do you keep the two seperate?

2. ninikins

ninikins Registered Member

Never thougth about it...I dont really have a site that many people visit anyway!

3. mynameisCat

mynameisCat Registered Member

I've been wondering about this...I think it'd be a good idea. I've seen things on websites that I've then gone and bid on...

4. kknight0506

kknight0506 Registered Member

i dont have a site of myself so i just use sites like ebay and others to sell my stuff

5. mynameisCat

Has anyone tried testing both ways? I think it'd be interesting to find out. I think that most powersellers I've bothered to check on tend to have a website as well...does eBay or uBid have any figures out there on this?

6. Plumley

Plumley Registered Member

There's a site I visit regularly because I like the products. I always use the link from the site to check the seller's eBay auctions because it's nice to get the stuff I want at a lower price. I'd say it couldn't hurt to list your auctions on your site, unless you're like the person I saw who started his auctions higher thanthe price on the site.

7. mynameisCat

Really? I wonder why s/he thought that would be a good idea...? really kind of counterproductive, given that most people only go to auctions hoping to find a deal...

8. Hoosierhunter

Hoosierhunter New Member

I never mentioned listing anything on a website, but once I mentioned selling off a bunch of stuff in my blog. I think it might be a cool idea to put it as your Myspace announcement. Not sure though.:lol:

9. Penguin

Penguin Registered Member

Never thought about it. I figure most of the stuff I sell, people don't "impulse buy" so an announcement on my web site wouldn't really be helpful. If they want it, they'll be searching for it.

10. mamab

mamab Registered Member

My husband makes musical instruments and has a website. He only had the website started after selling a few on ebay. I guess he'll list them both places and update his website if the item sells on ebay first. That seems like the only logical thing to do.