Do you list your auctions on your website?

technoflutemom

Registered Member
If you sell on a website as well as on eBay, do you list your auctions on your site? Do you use a seller's ID that relates to your website or do you keep the two seperate?

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Has anyone tried testing both ways? I think it'd be interesting to find out. I think that most powersellers I've bothered to check on tend to have a website as well...does eBay or uBid have any figures out there on this?

Plumley

Registered Member
There's a site I visit regularly because I like the products. I always use the link from the site to check the seller's eBay auctions because it's nice to get the stuff I want at a lower price. I'd say it couldn't hurt to list your auctions on your site, unless you're like the person I saw who started his auctions higher thanthe price on the site.

mynameisCat

Registered Member
Really? I wonder why s/he thought that would be a good idea...? really kind of counterproductive, given that most people only go to auctions hoping to find a deal...

I never mentioned listing anything on a website, but once I mentioned selling off a bunch of stuff in my blog. I think it might be a cool idea to put it as your Myspace announcement. Not sure though.:lol:

Penguin

Registered Member
Never thought about it. I figure most of the stuff I sell, people don't "impulse buy" so an announcement on my web site wouldn't really be helpful. If they want it, they'll be searching for it.

mamab

Registered Member
My husband makes musical instruments and has a website. He only had the website started after selling a few on ebay. I guess he'll list them both places and update his website if the item sells on ebay first. That seems like the only logical thing to do.