• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you like to brag?

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
The only thing that annoys me when people brag, is when it's about money. Other than that, brag away. I couldn't care less. If they're trying to make me jealous, then I just don't give them the satisfaction of getting jealous, and usually just tune out from the conversation. But if they're excited about something and want to tell somebody, generally I'm just happy for them. Nothing is more of a buzz kill when you're excited about something and you have nobody to be excited with!

In that essay, I don't think I even answered the question. Yes, I brag. If something good is going on in my life and I'm excited about it, I tell the whole world. But thats genuinely not to make others jealous, just so they can be happy with me.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
It is highly likely I do brag, at the end of the day of the day if I accomplish something I am proud of it but I try not to brag as I know how annoying it is when people go on and on about how great they are and the fact you will never be as good as them (I know people personally who are like that). I tend to take the p**s out of myself more often and put myself down I don't know why I just do. I understand why people brag but when they remind you every day it becomes irritating but to an extent is understandable.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
No, not really.

I've always been a believer in letting your talent and ability do the talking. I play alot of sports and when you start bragging, you leave yourself open to falling flat on your face!!

Let your form do the bragging for you!

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Like Echoes, I try not to brag at all, but when it comes to sports and I play well then I'll brag a little. I'll tell people the next day how well I played, or if I hit the game winning shot then I'll brag about it. It's all in jest though, I don't mean to sound like a show-off when I do it. I'm just proud of my accomplishments some times when I play certain sports, that's all.

It's same way if I stink, I won't brag about it obviously but I'll admit that I played really bad.

Dabs

Registered Member
I like to brag about my children! When my youngest son was playing high school basketball, they stopped the game the moment he scored his 1000th point! And he didn't even play basketball his freshman year (his Dad and I were going thru a divorce, so he was a bit lost that year). So he only played the last 3 years of high school and he went on to score a total of 1300 points in just those 3 years. He was recognized with a nice trophy and a special basketball in a case. And then, he went on to college, on a full basketball scholarship :) Yep, I'm bragging.

Konshentz

Konshentz
I have a friend who brags about everything - money, job, how many shots he made in a basketball game, etc. It's pretty pathetic.
I have one of those kind of friends too. Pretty friggin' annoying.

I've probably bragged here & there, mostly joking, but I don't make it a regular thing.

Last edited:

MiloIsYum

Registered Member
I like to brag about my children! When my youngest son was playing high school basketball, they stopped the game the moment he scored his 1000th point! And he didn't even play basketball his freshman year (his Dad and I were going thru a divorce, so he was a bit lost that year). So he only played the last 3 years of high school and he went on to score a total of 1300 points in just those 3 years. He was recognized with a nice trophy and a special basketball in a case. And then, he went on to college, on a full basketball scholarship :) Yep, I'm bragging.
Haha, I do the same about my Goddaughter! And she isn't even mine ... so I can imagine what it would be like being a parent!

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not really because I prefer when someone brags for me or suggests that I brag about something. It makes me feel more accomplished.

C-Mach

Registered Member
I usually don't like to brag because I usually consider it a waste of my time. Remember: Usually. When the situation calls for it, I rub it in with salt and lemon juice.