Do you like Ice?

Discussion in 'Food & Beverage' started by ysabel, Jun 3, 2008.

1. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

For example, if your drink is already cold would you still add ice?

Drinking with ice is not a big thing in here. In fact, unless you're in a touristy place, your drink doesn't get served with ice unless you specifically ask for it. And even if you do, you might get answers like "but the drink is already cold". I don't care! I just want ice. :lol:

I wish we got the refrigerator which we call "réfrigérateur américain" that has ice dispensers but they're costly and big (they won't fit a typical apartment kitchen).

I'm also an ice chewer.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008

2. Boredie

Boredie In need of Entertainment

Ugh.. can't chew on ice, but during hot summer days I'm all for ice in drinks no matter how cold.. and then suck on them
    ------
    Even got an idea of freezing individual grapes and using them as ice cubes in your drink and then once they are no longer frozen you can enjoy a couple of grapes!

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
    Blueyes likes this.
  3. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

I'm fine without it as long as the drink is cold to begin with, unless it's milk. I only drink skim (rarely) and I still need ice plopped into it to make it thinner.

4. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

If only I eat grapes, I'd try this.

I don't drink milk either (unless mixed with chocolate flavor). I do remember forcing myself to drink a glass during pregnancy and I put ice in it too.

Blueyes likes this.
  5. Blueyes

Blueyes Registered Member

If the drink is already cold I don't need ice and actually prefer sodas with no ice whatsoever in restaurants. I have been known to just sit and chomp on ice but not for a while. To actually sit and chew on ice constantly is a side effect which could mean an iron deficiency. We had 1 child in clinic who did that and low and behold she had anemia.

6. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I heard about it too (the link between ice chewing and anemia). I'm anemic and take iron pills, lol.

7. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

I like sparkling water with ice, or a soda&lime with ice and lemon. I don't eat ice very often though.

It is served in most public places in your drinks so that you get less drink:mad:

Blueyes likes this.
  8. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I pretty much drink everything cold with ice

Blueyes likes this.
  9. Dragon

Dragon Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I like ice with my drinks when I am at a restaurant since they are smaller chunks. After I am done with the drink, I chew the ice. Maybe we should start a group called Ice Chewers. :D

10. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I like ice in certain things, like water and coke. I'm fine without it though.

That drove my mom crazy when we were in France. She likes a ton of ice in her drinks so she always had to ask for it, and everybody looked at her like she was weird.

Blueyes likes this.