Do you like going to the beach?

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Are you a fan of going to the beach?

Personally I love going to the beach, for numerous reasons. There's so much you can do. You can play many sports like football, dodgeball, throwing the baseball around, you can play frisbee, soccer

I also love to look at the girls. You can also sit and enjoy the sun.

Also you can sometimes bring some beer and have a few beers at the beach.

How about you guys?

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
No not really.

The main reason for going to the beach is to relax in the sun and get a tan and you all know my views on tans, they're about as pointless as hell.

I don't see an attraction with the beach, I know I may well be being selfish as some people in the cities never get to see the beach and sea side but after 20 years of living near the sea it no longer had an attraction.

I don't think I've been down to the beach for the best part of three years, maybe that's because I have no spare time.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I thought you'd be a person that would love going to the beach. Looking at girls, play some footy with some friends and having a couple of beers. But you said that you've lived around one all your life, so I guess you get tired of them after awhile.

English-Emo-Boy

Supreme System Lord
V.I.P.
That's right, yes I enjoy doing all those things but I enjoy doing them elsewhere.
I like to play football at the park, drink beer and the local and look at birds in town.

When I was younger I loved the adventure of the beach but no that I'm much older there is no attraction at all.

I don't like going to the beach, but I think you already knew that haha. I burn easily, don't like the sun, prefer rain, don't like getting all sandy and yuck, bugs, the sea is the home of my phobia so I try and steer clear from it... hmm I think that's all the reasons why I don't like the beach. I can see the appeal though for other people.

Also, because the only people I would ever be going to the beach with are my friends, I think that has put me off too. All they want to do there is lie around all day and sunbathe which I don't find appealing. (pun?)

On the other hand, if it's at night-time, I love it.

raye_raye

my bologna has a 1st name
I hate the beach...hate hate hate sand. Nothing grinds my gears worst than sand between my toes...

Being so close to a major beach all my friends always wanna go to the beach, but I would much rather go to the mountains and hide.... o.o

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! I cant believe how many people hate the beach around the forums. I simply love it, because there's so many different things you can do.

All the beaches that I went to never had many bugs to be honest with you, maybe if it's late at night, but if it's during the morning or afternoon there's rarely any.

I like having a tan, but I don't go to the beach to lay down and get one. I'll get one by playing sports and such.

Bananas

Endangered Species
I like the beach. I live only a couple of miles away and go two or three times a month. I like to take the dog for a walk, take a camera, go fossil hunting and just chill out or ponder over life.

I was at the beach yesterday but I can assure you there was little risk of a tan and no bikini clad babes here in Wales.

These are two of my favoirite local beahces;

This is at hide tide, when the tide is out the beach stretches to the edge of the surf. The surfers in this picture are actually surfing on the river. If you go in a straightline from the headline in the distance the next point of land would be Jamaica 4000 miles away.

A different beach a few miles away, this is at low tide. To get an idea of size the cliffs are about 150ft tall. The land across the water to the right is England

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! That's incredible we have nothing close to those two amazing beaches. If I live close to those I would definitely go every chance I got. I especially like the first one. That's just amazing.

Do people Surf at that beach?

Bananas

Endangered Species
Yeah we have some decent surf around here. It is certainly full body wet suit territory though. It is also really windy most of the time, we get a lot of kite-surfers.

The tide is the biggest factor here, the difference between low and high is about 15 metres, so all depending on the time of day you visit depends on the scenery you get.