• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do You Like Buffet??

Dabs

Registered Member
When you dine out at restaurants, do you prefer to sit and relax and have the waitress bring all the food to you??
Or do you enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet style meal more??

k3rm0r

Registered Member
i enjoy both. but the all u can eat kinda style are somewhat lower quality in a sense. since it is usualy mass produced in a sense compared to the "ordered" food.

I do prefer to order spesific food compared to a buffet like style. but at times i just don´t wanna use the money on it so then it´s all u can eat :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I prefer ordering food and having a server bring it out. I find the food to be a lot fresher than the food that's been sitting out for a while at buffets. I do enjoy a good buffet if I'm really hungry though.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm not a huge fan of Buffets, I go about two-three times a year and that's about it. Like Echoes, I much rather go to a restaurant and have a server bring my food. You might be able to get more at Buffet for your money, but I think the food is better at a sit-down restaurant.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Buffets are gross, I will not dine in at at buffet. For example, if I go to Golden Corral I get whatever is on there menu and don't even touch the buffet because that food was prepared way to quickly, besides ordering from the menu the food is prepared correctly and taste way better.

Dabs

Registered Member
Buffets are gross, I will not dine in at at buffet. For example, if I go to Golden Corral I get whatever is on there menu and don't even touch the buffet because that food was prepared way to quickly, besides ordering from the menu the food is prepared correctly and taste way better.
Not all buffets are gross.....I have seen some very nice dinner buffets.
As a matter of fact, Golden Corral is where I usually spend my Thanksgiving :)

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I only go to Chinese buffets. I enjoy the variety of rice and chicken and that's all I get. Usually a scoop of every brand of rice available and a few pieces of the chicken. There are occasions I'll get chinese bread or cheesy potatoes. I'll even eat veggie rice, and I'm not a big fan of veggies. Like the others have said though, I maybe go to a buffet once a year on random. When I was working at the coffee house we had one right down the street that I went to weekly, but not anymore.

I do prefer sit-down restaurants. Waiters bringing and swapping out your beverages while you nitpick at whatever appetizers was dropped for you. It gives you time to talk with your companion, a nice ice-breaker especially if you're meeting up for lunch. With buffets it's "ohai, let's eat." and then you're fighting for the right moments when you're not chewing food to fire up the convo. That's how I feel anyways.

Bliss

Sally Twit
My favourite restaurant is a Chinese all you can eat buffet. I don't go there all that often any more but I do like the idea of having a little bit of this and a little bit of that.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
I sometimes like a buffet style restuarant but overall I prefer to order a meal and have it served to me.

Somtimes the food at buffets aren't that great, plus buffets just make me feel like I'm eating little pieces of a meal instead of a full meal.

But, I know you can have a full meal from a buffets, like they provide the rice and the curry or whatever.