Do you Lift with someone?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Swiftstrike, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

I found Lifting partners to be very important when one starts to lift. It motivates you, you can socialize, and your less inclined to miss a day.

I had a lifting partner all throughout the school year and with one liftinge became routine. I right now lift at my house since the school year ended and I graduated but I can still lift alone because it has become part of my routine.

A lifting partner helps alot I think and I really dont think I would have continued lifting as long as I did without someone to lift with.

So do you guys lift with anyone or by yourselves?

2. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I lift with one or two of my friends usually. But sometimes I do go alone.

3. Shwa

Shwa Gay As Fuck V.I.P. Lifetime

If I go to the gym off base, then I go with my boyfriend. But so far I have yet to find a lifting buddy to come with me or other people who have miitary ID's to go one base with me. Its a shame, I wanna make new friends at the gym or at least bring someone with me :(

~Shwa

4. Hoosier_Daddy

Hoosier_Daddy Registered Member

I lift with my oldest son four times a week. It's interesting to see the gains he makes compared to mine.

Hoosier.

5. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

When I normally go to the gym I work alone, but when I do a strength training program a few times a year, I work in group. I admit, it fun to work out with someone you know, and more fun to motivate each other, but I would rather work alone.

6. Swiftstrike

Swiftstrike Registered Member

Your one of the few persons to say that. I cant think of anyone of my friends who preferred lifting alone. But you get in an out of the gym not alot of nonsense.

7. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

I'd love to have a lifting buddy. But so far I haven't found anyone. I even asked my sister but she just gave me the finger.

8. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

I lift with my mates because I like talking during lifting. It relaxes me.

9. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Undead Intellectual

Yeah, I'm only there to get one thing done, not really socialize. I can see why it can be fun to workout with someone, I've done it before, but I usually like to be alone, don't need help, and get more done faster when I'm alone.

I do though like to go to the gym and help them workout. Kind of like a personal trainer. It's fun to teach them new things, help them out, etc., even more with my lady friends. Haha.

10. Corona

Corona Registered Member

I prefer to do some muscles alone- like abs. I can just pop in my earbuds, crank up the volume, and go at it hardcore for an hour or so with no distractions or breaks.