Do you leave your wallet / purse in your vehicle?

Chowmein

Registered Member
The reason I ask this is, I work as a customer service rep for a on-line retail company. Some of my duties have to do with sales and warranty issues which involve getting payment over the phone.

I'm just surprised about how many people put me on hold or have to run out to their vehicles to get their wallets or purse to provide me with the credit card infomration. To me it just seems like the most unsafe place to leave such a thing.

I know I have my drivers license and credit cards in my wallet . I would never leave that personal information in my car.

I suppose if you had your vehicle parked in a house garage there would be some sense of security. But if the vehcile was in front of your house, in a parking garage or lot in front of a apartment building or out on the street?

Just doesn't make any sense to me to leave it in a vehicle where it could be stolen so easily.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
My wallet is always in the house unless I have to go out. I would never leave my wallet in the car cause someone will probably break in my car and steal it. I had a friend who was at a park and left her purse in the car. Someone broke into her car and stole her purse.

JessEpiphany

Registered Member
No, not usually.

Sometimes at the track I will have to lock some things up in the glove box, but usually I just only bring the necessities (DL, cash, debit card) and keep them in my pocket.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Quite often on long drives I will take my wallet out so it's not a lump under my ass. It tends to put my leg to sleep. When I get out, I forget it sometimes... so I can see where they are coming from. Around town, generally I will keep my wallet on me.

Impact

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I used to leave it in my car all the time, otherwise I forgot it and found myself driving without my licence. Now, I keep my purse in my handbag, and I don't seem to ever forget that. In my case it was always more of a forgetfulness thing that anything else.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
My wallet is on me 99.99% of the time when I leave the house or car. If I am doing something like yardwork outside, then it stays on my dresser. I keep my wallet in my front left pants pocket always. The only thing I leave in my car are car-related things like registration and insurance.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
No! And I will never leave it in there. I have a lot of important things in my wallet, the last thing I need is for it to get it stolen. Also a lot of people will just break the window if they see something valuable in there like a wallet. So not only do you lose your wallet but you have to replace a broken window.

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
No, never. Where ever I go my handbag comes with, I've got too many important things in my bag to leave it lying around, even if my car alarm is on / doors locked.
...I know lots of women who leave their bags out in their car trunk or in the back seat floor with something over top of it to hide it.

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
Never! That is like leaving an invitation to thieves.

Also, after my smash and grab a few years ago, I don't even leave my purse on my car seat or on the passanger floor side. Smash and grab crimes are big in SA and I've had it happen to me and to most people I know. :stare:

Smash and grab, for those who do not know, is when they smash your window while you are in the car, say when you are stopped at a traffic light or stop street... :shifteyes:

storm_ina_C_cup

Registered Member
Never! That is like leaving an invitation to thieves.

Also, after my smash and grab a few years ago, I don't even leave my purse on my car seat or on the passanger floor side. Smash and grab crimes are big in SA and I've had it happen to me and to most people I know. :stare:

Smash and grab, for those who do not know, is when they smash your window while you are in the car, say when you are stopped at a traffic light or stop street... :shifteyes:
Where do you stick your hand bag when you're driving, now?

This same exact thing happend to me, CG. I had one person on the side of the road asking me if I wanted to have my windows washed while waiting and another who took my bag right from underneath my nose!...(it was on the passenger's seat). From that point forward, I've stuck my bag in my trunk.