• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you know how to skate?

dDave

V.I.P.
I went to the roller rink while I was camping (yes, it was a good trip) and got to spend a few hours skating.

Do you know how?

Inline, quad (standard), ice? What do you prefer?

I really like the quad skates, they're just really comfortable for me. I originally only knew how to do inline skating but I hurt my feet so many times wearing them (just from regular use) that I decided to try out the quad skates one day while working at Sonic. I took to them so quickly and loved them.

I'd like to own a nice pair one day.

As for ice skating, I'm very comfortable but I think I have much more control on my quads.

Do you know how to skate?

Konshentz

Konshentz
I used to. Not sure about nowadays. Haha. I played a little hockey when I was a youngster. I wasn't the greatest skater, but I was good enough to be able to stop without falling down. Haha.

Bliss

Sally Twit
I never got the hang of roller blades, but I was good with roller skates. I also went ice skating a lot when I was a teenager, but I probably don't remember how to do it now. Even then I'd fall on my arse a lot, but it was half the fun.

Bcatz3

Registered Member
I used to go skating every Friday night. I loved it!
All my life I have really been into skating. I have NEVER been good at ice skating. However I am very good with Inline skates . I started skating when I was pretty young probably about 8 I got my first pair of inline skates. I saved up all my money in my bank to get a pair. I'm decent on quad skates, but not exactly the best.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I can rollerblade very well because those are the types of skates I grew up with. I can ice skate but I'm not very graceful nor fast. I can't do any kinds of tricks. I never could figure out how to skate on classic roller skates and I never really had the desire to because rollerblades were much more comfortable to me.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I can ice skate, and rollerblade and roller skate. I didn't learn till later in my childhood though, and I'm still a bit rough when it comes to ice skating. I don't know how to stop haha, but i can skate backwards!

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I use to go to the roller rink to skate but haven't done that in so long I would probably fall just trying to get out to the floor. I don't think roller skating is like riding a bike and even years later you can still do it.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Yeah, I used to be a pretty good skater. I never cared for quad skates, but I did a ton of rollerblading in my teens. I thought I was badass for jumping stairs and grinding curbs and all that fun stuff. :lol:

I also played a bit of ice hockey and skating was one of my strong suits. I actually prefer skating on ice because it's a lot easier to stop and change directions than it is on rollerblades or skates.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Roller blades are easy, my sisters taught me how to but as far as skating goes, I can't because I never tried. I could be a good skater, you never know.

Misdoubt

Registered Member
I tried learning this as a kid and I kind of started to, but then I just stopped all together. So I have probably forgotten how to and I'll have to go with, no.