• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you keep a journal?

Impact

V.I.P.
I keep an art journal, which is for all my drawings and sketches. I also keep a journal of sorts where I stick every ticket I have ever got in, and various other things. I hardly ever annotate it. I've never had a journal where I write my feelings or anything like that.
Exactly this. I have a couple journal type things with all my sketches, painting and pictures of sculptures i've done. Also, the journal of every ticket, also has photos, random birthday cards, etc More of a scrap book than a journal.

Also, I like the idea of a musical journal. I may have to start writing one of those. Every year I used to make a mix CD with memory songs from the year on it. They kinda sucked to listen to, especially if they were songs that made me emotional. I wish I still had some of them.

Last edited:

Daemonic

Registered Member
I have both a spiritual journal and a dream journal. I haven't used them in a while will be again. I also just got a project in my crafting class to make one but haven't decided what kind of journal I want it to be yet. Maybe I will make a journal on crafting.

Iris

rainbow 11!
I have a weight loss journal. I love it, it really motivates me to continue to work out and eat healthy.

I used to keep a book journal, but at the time I was reading so many, i couldn't be arsed to do it.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Exactly this. I have a couple journal type things with all my sketches, painting and pictures of sculptures i've done. Also, the journal of every ticket, also has photos, random birthday cards, etc More of a scrap book than a journal.

Also, I like the idea of a musical journal. I may have to start writing one of those. Every year I used to make a mix CD with memory songs from the year on it. They kinda sucked to listen to, especially if they were songs that made me emotional. I wish I still had some of them.
Wow, that is really similar to what I do. Give me back my ideas woman!! :lol:

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I used to. I have several journals and at one point I began writing more and and more cryptically (?) because I'm afraid of it being read by others. I have all sorts of codes. Sometimes I would write in poetry form. The thing is when I go back and read them, even I don't understand anymore what the hell I wanted to mean. :haha:

Right now I keep a mom journal - it is more for my kids that they will read when they're older so they know what they've been doing when they were young or how I felt about it as mom. I think Bridges of Madison inspired me to do that. It's amazing how your children can learn about you when they read your past journals. :)

Konshentz

Konshentz
I used to have one when I was younger. Mainly about girls I liked in school and other random thoughts. I don't know whatever happened to it. It would be super entertaining to read it now. Haha. I eventually started taking the feelings that I thought needed to be written down and turned them into poems/song and short stories instead.

SeaCucumber

Registered Member
I never had a journal as a kid. But I recently started a blog that's been going for about two months now. I'm not a very private person and I find putting random emotional shit out there where anyone can see it pretty therapeutic. Not sure how long it will last. It's a bit of an experiment :p

Dekzper

Registered Member
Same as Kons when I was little. It was just random stuff. But I do have a blog now that I dont write in very much. I also have a journal on my pc but it's mostly just about plant care stuff. I've been growing diff kinds of elephant ears and I needa keep info about that. If I keep track of methods, dates, and stuff, I might learn enough to keep them alive all year. :nod: I also keep track of info about growing Diefenbachia (dumb cane) and I usually add other random notes too.

Starfire86

Registered Member
I've got one of those composition notebooks that I write in spastically.