• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do You Keep A Journal?

Bliss

Sally Twit
I have started many but I never stick at them. I tried hard a couple of months back to write in one each day but I find it hard to write down my thoughts.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Speaking of poems, I kept journals for several years until the day my mom decided to check my stuff and read it so she can "understand me better". After that incident, I stopped writing journals so she'll have nothing to read. But I felt the strong need to put my thoughts in writing (blogs weren't that popular yet). So I decided to continue writing my journal but in poems/codes so that if my mom saw it, she wouldn't understand what I was talking about.

After a year, I looked at my poetic journal and frankly, even I didn't understand what the heck I was talking about. :lol:

AeonFlux

I am the edge!
I used to keep a journal that I would write my thoughts in. Sometimes I would write poems or draw sketches in there as well. Eventually I stopped doing that though as I became worried about what would happen if anyone (like my parents) got ahold of that journal and read it. Now the only journal I keep is a dream journal, which is always by my bed. Sometimes I'll write story ideas in there too.

Envy

Band Nerd ♫
Yes, I have a diary privately for myself, and I also have a LiveJournal between my friend and I.

amjhdrummer

It fell off.
Yes, I keep a couple different types.

I've got 4 or 5 books filled with poetry that's I've written, although a couple pages are poems I've found online that I liked-

And I've got a hardcover book filled with blank pages- that I draw in, kinda like my drawing portfolio- otherwise my non-hardcover sketch books are basically doodles that just look good but don't ever get finished :)

And I've got 3 or 4 journals that I write in- started back in middle school; I don't write in them everyday, one I lost- found again- lost again, found again, etc- and when I find it I 'caught up' so to speak, there'll be a few times where an entry is more than 5 pages long for a short non-detailed what went on, did I ever finish a goal, etc-

And I've got one special one put aside that I started back in Nov- and it's basically just my life /daily thoughts- to my ex- I plan to continue writing in it until he gets home. (he's deployed) Back when we were dating and I was keeping it, I'd write in it almost every night - just with the simple words saying "thinking of you- <3, amanda' and the date- but now it's basically just my blogs printed off and taped into it. Not the same- but I wanted to do it because he was so scared that he'd miss something. there's also some pics and such in there. He doesn't know about it- but when he gets home I'll give it too him.

And my journal consists of dreams, goals, fears, vents, happy thoughts, quotes, a really special poem I might have written/found, pictures, or even just random thoughts. I don't write in it everyday- nor do I try to. When I think about it- I write in it- or if something happened that I want to remember, like a night out or whatever- I do so also.

Cookies

Registered Member
Ah, nope. Never would feel like writing in it anyway. And besides, with the family I've got, I'm very sure that it would be discovered and I would be very hurt afterwards.

Obsessiforge

- Diderot Reborn -
I do keep a very small journal on me at all times, in which I write down random thoughts and ideas I have. for me, though, the function of a journal as a place to basically pour my thoughts out on paper in a stream of consciousness (and sometimes subconsciousness) is replaced by my sketchpad. instead of writing out my thoughts/feelings/other random shit, I draw them.

persephone

Registered Member
Yes i keep a journal. Two actually. One is for poetry, the other if just for random thoughts i have even if it doesnt make any sence. It helps me get my thoughts in order. And fellings out that i dont feel i can let other people in on.

Outlaw403

Registered Member
I tried once keeping a video journal with my webcam but i didn't have anything really exciting to say in it so nah, i got bored of quick.