• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do You Keep A Journal?

Italiano

Film Elitist
Also if this needs to be moved to the writing section (which I wouldn't think which is why I'm putting it here), I apologize ahead of time.

So yes, does anyone here keep a journal for any particular purpose at all?

I don't want ask what you write in it exactly. I know that's private.

I'm asking in general what do you keep it for and why you started it. If that even gets too private for you then you don't have to answer. I'm just curious.

I keep one myself. I usually write my thoughts about anything that is drilling through my mind. I write down dreams that I've had so I don't forget and sometimes I just write to vent.

GBNJ

I wrote in one for like 3 days when i was in 5th or 6th grade lol. I was making it too formal and it felt kind of strange writing in it for me. So my answer is no.

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
I don't keep a journal for myself (I have off and on, but never very steadily), but I do keep a blog for my kids that gets posts put up every couple of days. I realize that's not an "official" journal, but I figure it's the same thing, just in digital format with pictures.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I keep a journal. I call it my mom diary. I write stuff about life as a mom and stories about what the kids said or did. I'd like to show it to them when they're older.

Aella

Registered Member
I did when i was going through a tough stage, mostly for my kids to read one day.
They are a great way of clearing the mind though, putting your fears and hopes on paper is liberating in a way, like talking through your problems with a friend.

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
It seems like it would be a good idea to have a record of the greatest man that ever live.

But no I don't although it seems like a good idea.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I keep telling myself to starting writing a poem every evening before bed, but I can never get motivated.

Blueyes

Registered Member
I used to when I was growing up probably in early middle school but nothing now unless you count my blog.

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
i tried to start one a couple of times, but im not much of a writer, so i never stuck with it for long