Do You Have People Who Attempt To Tell You What Your Lifestyle Is? (Rant, I guess)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FleshCouture, Oct 17, 2009.

1. FleshCouture

FleshCouture Registered Member

*I wasn't sure what section to post this thread in|:

I'm tired of people telling me "I have no life because all I do is sit on the internet all day". Since when does 'having a life' have anything to do with going outside?
    As long as I'm enjoying myself and the way I live my life, why does it matter?

Sure, I'd go outside if there was actually something to do, if I had someone to go somewhere with, etc. But I don't have any of those things. I DO have friends in real life, but most of them are usually busy or I don't have their numbers. Plus, we wouldn't do anything anyway besides sit at THEIR house on the internet or watching TV. So, I might as well just stay the hell home.

I go to shows (concerts) every once in a while, but I only go to small ones (small as in 50-100 people are there) because I don't like huge shows. I'm not sure why, I just don't feel comfortable around 28346784938247 people.
    I live in Ohio and I'm 17, so it's not like I can go out and party all night or something. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol, so parties aren't really for me because I know that's usually what's going on at them. There just isn't shit to do. I don't even like playing video games anymore.

I've been to every single mall in this state hundreds of times with my friends. We'd go to them and just stay ALL day. We wouldn't even buy anything, we'd just hangout there all day. We were mall rats, which now makes the malls boring for me. Except one, Easton Mall, but that's 30 minutes-an hour away, so yeah.

I like being on the internet, I can download as much music as I want, watch videos, look at naked ladies (Even though looking at them in real life is a lot better ;D), look at cool gadgets, all sorts of damn things right in my home.

People like to tell me my relationships are bullshit also. I internet date a lot, I don't see a problem with it. It's the same as any other kind of relationship, it works as long as you want it to work. But of course, people have to go and make a big deal out of nothing when it's not even their business.

"Why don't you just date someone in your state?"
    I have, it's basically the same fucking thing. Like I said, I'm 17 and I don't have my drivers license AND I can't drive. So, it's not like I can go pick my girlfriend up or something. The last girl I dated in my state couldn't even get her own fucking ride! I had to pick her up each and every single time we went somewhere, how pathetic.
    It's sort of like that with every girl I date, she's grounded, busy or simply just can't do anything that particular day and we'll have to wait until next weekend.
    I know that sounds like all of my girlfriends were avoiding me, but that certainty wasn't the case since they were the ones upset when we couldn't hang out.

Sorry for complaining, I'm just tired of this stupid shit. I don't know why people won't leave other people alone and worry about their-selves.

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just had a year out from education and pretty much spent it online :lol: My friends from school were all either working 5 days a week or gone to university. I was doing 10 hours a week at a shop across the road, and seeing a couple friends every other weekend or so when we were all free. 80% of the rest of my waking time, I was on my computer. My family were constantly asking me what I'm doing and why I'm staring at that screen for so long each day. I told them I have nothing else to do.. My mum was like "why don't you even watch TV for a change?!" I don't understand the difference tbh, except I don't want to watch telly. Unless it's snooks :D
    So yeah, they got a little concerned. I was just waiting the year out though and I'm pretty sure I had nothing better to do, it's how I wanted to spend my time, so what's the problem?

3. FleshCouture

Exactly.
    I like how it's okay to Watch T.V. all day, but if you're on the computer all day, you have 'no life'. Makes no sense what-so-ever.

4. EllyDicious

EllyDicious made of AMBIGUITY V.I.P. Lifetime

well..reading and studying are other options to fill your day...

5. FleshCouture

I can't focus when I read. And study for what...?|:
    My school work is easy to do, all I need to do is read the lesson and complete the assignment.

6. EllyDicious

school is never easy if you study hard and FOR REAL!

a 17 year old guy has got many things to do in his life...besides staying all day infront of the screen...
    all you have to do is let your thoughts run.
    you say you can't read, you do your papers in a minute.. :shake:

..then go find a job.

7. FleshCouture

Please let me know so I can do them.

I would find a job, but my mother doesn't have a car right now and I wouldn't be able to get a ride everyday.

8. EllyDicious

find a job nearby.

then i'll have to wonder what does every 17 y.old guy do in the states .... :rolleyes:

there are things you can't do ..it's not your fault...
    there are things you can do but don't want to do...

9. FleshCouture

I guess I'll look, I never really thought of looking over here since I want a job in the mall.

There are tons of things I can do, but don't want to do because I find it boring or it doesn't appeal to me. Such as sports.

10. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

I'm sure some people out there think I don't have a life too, because I have so many posts here and I also meet my internet friends in RL. But somehow, they're excused to spend so much time connecting with their friends and family online just because they met first in RL. :)