Do you have job?

LuK3

Registered Member
If so, what is it?

I don't have one, but I hade a job shoveling snow. $20 a driveway. Nice

kiwi

The Original Kiwi
My job requires me to be on call 24/7 but doesn't pay very well.

Edit: the commutes nice though and when my coworkers aren't fighting like children they are rather pleasant to be around.

Last edited:

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I'm a DJ. To some it may not qualify as 'work', but when I was in High School a teacher gave me sound career advice. He said, "Find something you like to do, then find someone who will pay you to do it." And I just ran with it. Way past the point of no return now...

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'm only a clerk at my college store, but I'm going to be assistant manager next semester. As for summer, I don't know yet.

Matriqulated

Future is Fused 3036A.D.
I want to be a DJ.
It's all about practice. Invest in some equipment and hit the lab every day. The technology that is out there now makes it so much easier over when I started out with Vynl. There are all kinds of DVD's out now that teach you scratching tricks and stuff like that. If you want to do bars and clubs I'd suggest trying to find a promoter. They act like agents, find you work, and only get paid if you do. Most areas are saturated with DJ companies now too, so that's another way to get your foot in the door if you can't drop money on buying your own set up. I myself started as a roadie. Helped a guy haul his equipment and it wasn't long before I started to practice on his equipment. Once I got the hang of things he'd let me spin a set here and there, and once I got my own equipment I got focused. I had it set up next to my bed so I could wake up and work on remixes and what I called "scratching exercises". I'd put the pitch (speed) of the song all the way up because I figured if I could cut it at max, scratching at regular speed would be like slo-motion. It doesn't exactly work that way, but it is still a good exercise. And not all genres require that you scratch, I just wanted to have the full arsenal.
In the start, don't quit your day job. But once you build your rep, having gigs booked every week is very realistic. I don't know how old you are but if you think you want to get into radio, major in communication in college. I had a radio show in college, and that's my one regret I wish I pushed for more radio connections when I had the opportunity.
Anyway, there are plenty of guys out there doing it. If you seriously want to get into it, I'd say link up with someone local who can show you the ropes and get your feet wet.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
I am a senior technician with a civil engineering firm, I work in the geotechnical department.

Basically we get paid to play in the dirt. We do tons of different lab tests and field tests on asphalt, concrete, observing wall construction, and a ton of different soils testing.

Skylar

Keepin' It Real
I've held a few jobs when I was younger working with the federal govt., worked 2 jobs for a while and invested. I'm independently wealthy, retired in my early 30's so I can spend time with my son, like I planned.

I still work on my investments when I want to.

Blueyes

Registered Member
Man if we could all be so lucky.

I'm an administrative asst at a hospital and in 2 yrs I can retire under 40. I also work part-time as an independent contractor and then build/fix pcs on the side for my idiot friends and whomever they know.

Gotta finish my comp sci degree and find me a new job.