• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you have insurance? (Health, Dental, etc?)

Shwa

V.I.P.
So I've worked at my new job now for the required 3 months to obtain my health and dental insurance for myself (previously I've always been under my parents plan until recently). So I called and it'll be in effect next month and what not.

But after making that call, I felt real good about myself, not only for setting up something so important on my own, but actually having coverage that I pay for and I control. It's kind of a nice feeling, I have to admit. Now even when working bad days I can always remember I have an extra perk for working haha. So I got the idea to ponder:

What feeling did my fellow members get when they received their health insurance, dental, life, whatever? Or for those who already have coverage through their parents, how does it make you feel?

~Shwa

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I get free Health care here in Canada. As of right now I don't have dental care with my work since I'm still under contract and I'm not full-time. I can't wait to get coverage for the dentist since my employer would cover 90% of the bill, which will be awesome. I do have life insurance as well.

Dabs

Registered Member
I have health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, automobile insurance....if they had an insurance for happiness, I'd be first in line.

Jeanie

still nobody's bitch
V.I.P.
Nope I've got nothing. Well I have a small life insurance policy that's pretty cheap, but I have no health care or dental coverage. It's pretty much the worst feeling in the world. It's very scary, but I just can't afford it right now.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I have medical and a couple of life insurance policies. I don't have dental or vision, it's cheaper for me just to pay out of my own pocket.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I have medical and life insurance. My parents pay for my life insurance just in case I die. Thanks mom and dad and I have pay for my medical benefits through work, which is a complete rip off because I have not used it yet and I have been with the company I work with for two years.

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Health care in the UK is free, but you can have private medical care/insurance if you wish, so that ones out, vision and dental aren't free though.

The only kind of insurance I have is for my car and that's it.

I think I'm too young to have life insurance, but everytime I say that to someone they say I'm not...

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
Well, technically it's not free. They don't treat you for free. There just aren't any out-of-pocket expenses when you see a medical professional. It still costs you though.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
Well, technically it's not free. They don't treat you for free. There just aren't any out-of-pocket expenses when you see a medical professional. It still costs you though.
And us Americans will definetly see how much ObamaCare really costs when the our income taxes rise next year. Sorry off topic here, just a double whammy having to pay for my healthcare and for everybody elses...really sucks.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Unless you don't pay taxes because you're poor on have no income. :)

We have universal healthcare too so if I go to public healthcare providers, it's covered 100% by the social security system. If I opt to go to private providers, I pay the difference (between what is subsidised by the government and the private practice fee). I do have a private insurance though so most often, I'm 100% covered unless it's something like extras (braces, or not GD prescribed health costs).