Do you have good manners?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was curious if you guys have good manners?

Do you say excuse me when you burp in public?
    Do you say beg your pardon, sorry, when someone tells you something and you didn't hear?
    Do you hold the door for people?
    If your walking and bump into someone will you say excuse me or sorry?

Those are just a few things that I can think of all the moment?

Thoughts?

2. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

I don't, but I would if I did. make sense?

Do you say beg your pardon, sorry, when someone tells you something and you didn't hear?
    For most people, sure. If it's a family member or friend then they usually get a - "huh?"

Yeah, if they're close enough. Sometimes it's hard to judge so I stand there for ages like an idiot until they get to the door :lol:

Yeep, regardless of whose fault it is.

I have good manners but I would consider the above common courtesy. It's completely second nature if you're brought up that way.

Tucker likes this.
  3. matt_man

matt_man New Member

I dont burp in public often, but when i do, yes.

Oh yeah
    Same answer as Rebeccaaa :)
    Always

I think im a very polite person, theres no point in.. not being polite lol may as well have people like then dislike you the way i see it

4. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

In public yes, unless i'm drunk, then I usually forget. At home I don't.

Depends on the person. If it's a good friend or family, i'll just say 'What?', but if it's a stranger, someone i'm dealing with at work, or anyone else I'll ask 'Sorry, what did you say?'

Usually, except for the times I don't see the other person, and I say thanks when people hold it for me

Sure do. Even if the other person walks into me I apologize.

Like Bex said, it's second nature half the time. I don't even think about it. I don't even notice if someone has good manners, but I will if someone is lacking manners. It really annoys me if someone doesn't apologize when they bump into me, or say thanks for holding the door or whatever.

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

I don't do that in public, but if I did I would say excuse me.

Yes, if I don't hear something someone says I always say pardon, I never say just "what".

Yes, if they are close enough behind me, then yes I will hold the door open from them.

Yes, If I knock into someone I always say sorry.

I would say I was a polite person. I always say thank you if people give me things, if it's gifts or if it's just everday things, like someone hands me a pen or makes me a cup of tea. When I'm speaking to someone on the phone in a formal setting I always try and use appropriate language like "sorry to interupt you, but I was phoning to enquire about...." etc.

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

Same as Nix, I don't do that in public, I try to hold it in and let it pass. However, if I DID do it I would say excuse me.
    A mix of "what", "pardon" and "huh" for me. I really need to force myself to use pardon more. =D
    Yes. I remember I held a door open for a couple and I was like "Oops, was I suppose to let the boyfriend do that?" Luckily enough he was like "Thanks man."
    I usually go out of my way and move out of the way. Heck, I've even been known to step into the street just because the path was so narrow. However, if I DID bump into somebody I would apologize.

Everything you wrote was in a form of a question. lul

Nixola likes this.
  7. DLFerguson

DLFerguson Registered Member

I have exceptionally good manners

8. ATARIGUY

ATARIGUY Beermister

In public always and I say "oops sorry" first , however when i'm drunk, then I usually forget. At home I don't because I live alone

If it's a good friend or family, i'll just say 'Say that again?', but if it's a stranger, someone i'm dealing with at work, or anyone else I'll ask 'I'm Sorry say again?'

Always and I say thanks when people hold it for me

Yeppers. Even if the other person walks into me I apologize.

9. Twitch

Twitch Registered Member

Yes, sometimes, yes, yes.

When I don't hear someone, I just say what. Unless I don't know them, then I will say excuse me.

10. browneyes106

browneyes106 Registered Member

I have good manners but I never say pardon.