• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you have any solid proof for your religious beliefs?

tara04

I'm struggling to understand how the average indoctrinated religious supporter can defend their beliefs, especially those who pick-and-chose the ideals that apply to themselves. Almost all provide self-perpetuating logic. You can apply reason to every other aspect of your life, but religion gets a free pass. Let's not be disillusioned, present your facts...

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
Faith is defined as having no evidence. Rather than calling out religious folks, why not consider what faith itself actually means? It means believing in something in the absence of evidence.

Thread fail.

Mihael_langley

Formerly "Maikeru"
Well in pretty much every faction, whether is religious or scientific or political, solid proof is nearly impossible.

What today is the truth, tomorrow is scratched from the books of history.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
religion means believing through heart, just like you believe in God.
i believe in God but i'm not fond of religions. so there is no "why".
as longs as there is no solid proof when it comes to God/religions then we can't say anything, otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing and wondering about the existence of God.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
I'm struggling to understand how the average indoctrinated religious supporter can defend their beliefs, especially those who pick-and-chose the ideals that apply to themselves. Almost all provide self-perpetuating logic. You can apply reason to every other aspect of your life, but religion gets a free pass. Let's not be disillusioned, present your facts...
It's called faith, look it up. I'm struggling to understand those that pretend to know what encompasses religious beliefs yet do not.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
This is like asking if there's solid proof to faith...an oxymoron.

tara04

Faith is defined as having no evidence. Rather than calling out religious folks, why not consider what faith itself actually means? It means believing in something in the absence of evidence.

Thread fail.

So where's your proof that allows religion to get a free pass while every other element in your life needs to fit into a category of logic? If your god was so powerful, why create such controversy and question? Your god would make his existence known, instead of having us all guessing. Religion is good at forcing ideas to fit into existing preconceptions.

Reply fail.

----

Well in pretty much every faction, whether is religious or scientific or political, solid proof is nearly impossible.

What today is the truth, tomorrow is scratched from the books of history.

Yet science and politics are the only progressives. Somehow, religion stays constant and/or regresses. Science progresses because it admits the unknown. Religion regresses because it assumes it knows the answer to everything. Those with your kind of argument must like being controlled by religion. I like being free with science. Solid proof is possible, please understand the definition before you open your mouth.

----

religion means believing through heart, just like you believe in God.
i believe in God but i'm not fond of religions. so there is no "why".
as longs as there is no solid proof when it comes to God/religions then we can't say anything, otherwise we wouldn't be here discussing and wondering about the existence of God.
I'm not fond of religions either because of the control-through-misleading aspect. There is always a "why" as long as the human mind is involved. If we can ask "why?" of all other aspects of our lives, why not ask it in the religious perspective? You have it backwards. If I said that your car would run off of beer, would you pour beer into your tank? Or would you question my source? C'mon, let's use our heads...

Last edited by a moderator:

BigBob

Registered Member
That was the most retarded comparison I've ever read.

If we can't question why for Religion... and then something about beer acting as gas?

Last edited by a moderator:

MAgnum9987

Do What Thou Wilt
If I said that your car would run off of beer, would you pour beer into your tank? Or would you question my source? C'mon, let's use our heads...
I think your fucking crazy, because who the fuck would pour beer into their car when the could drink it. WTF?

No, I get your point. But MY religion is supported by every fact science has yet made. Contrary to popular belief, science SUPPORTS religion. Science are the rules god made to rule our universe. And, I'll admit, science is flawed. How can we explain god with science? You can't, because god doesn't need a law of science to explain himself