• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Do you have a Song?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
If you're in a relationship, do you have a song that you associate with your better half/your relationship? (i.e. an "our" song.) If you do (and you're willing to share), what is it and how did it come to be your song?

Bliss

Sally Twit
Yes, sir. Our song is 'I Miss You' by Incubus.

It has been 'our song' for many years because back when we first got together we were in a long distance relationship (I feel like I've said this sooooo much on GF haha). We always listened (and still do listen) to Incubus and both realised the lyrics to the song held a lot of meaning.

To see you when I wake up
Is a gift I didn't think could be real
To know that you feel the same as I do
Is a three-fold, Utopian dream

You do something to me that I can't explain
So would I be out of line if I said "I miss you"?

I see your picture
I smell your skin on
The empty pillow next to mine
You have only been gone ten days
But already I'm wasting away
I know I'll see you again
Whether far or soon
But I need you to know that I care
And I miss you

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Not only we had a song but we had a playlist!

We both like music and pretty much a lot of songs correspond to what we were feeling or our situation at some point, or a song that has significance for us. I think we have about 16 songs in that playlist that has both fun, love, and sad songs. It's in his youtube, lol.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Ah, the "our" song. It's always interesting to see how much it changes from relationship to relationship.

Even though I'm not currently in one, I'm still going to share mine. I've only been in two serious relationships, so sadly I only have a couple.

The first one was in high school, hopefully that makes up for it. Ha. It was "My Everything" by Next. You can look it up, but do so at your own risk. Haha. It became our song because we were stupid & in love and under the impression that what we had would last forever and that we were each other's "everything".

In the latest relationship we had a few, but the main one was "Tangled Up In You" by Staind. I am 150% less embarrassed about that one. Haha. I'm not exactly sure how it because "ours", but we both liked it and I guess for a very brief moment we could relate to the lyrics.

Starfire86

Registered Member
Hmm...I guess it would be "No Rain" by Blind Melon.
There's no real reason, I'm a fan and he wanted to know what the lyrics were because he couldn't figure it out.
"Ya know I'd like to keep my cheeks dry today, so stay with me and I'll have it made."

ashie624

Registered Member
Yes we do. It's "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson. We just kind of picked it out together. Found one we both liked.

Kibi

Babeasaurus Sex
"We" don't but there are a couple of songs that always make me think of him and us.

:)

"So Cold" - Breaking Benjamin
"All I Wanted" - Paramore
"Walk" - Pantera